Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MLS

Hybrid poles
« on: April 24, 2008, 04:33:12 pm »
I know, I know, this has probably been asked before, but I'm going to ask it again, sorry.

Today, due to my stupidity and a gust of wind my pole hit the ground far harder than it was ever intended to and the gooseneck parted company with the rest of it!!

It was a rather old, but still reasonably light weight glass fibre pole that I used to clean 2nd floor flats, the gooseneck being very handy for reaching over window boxes.

Being in a position of needing another pole I'd like to up grade slightly and have been offered a " Hybrid " pole with a gooseneck and a 38ft reach for £399 + vat, which sounds reasonable enough.

My question is, what are they like?

Even my 42ft reach pole is glass fibre, one of Varitech's old, original orange poles. It does the job, but to be honest it's heavy and at full length pretty sloppy; thirty minutes at a time with it at that length is more than enough.

Also, the diameter of the hybrid sounds nice at 51mm, compared to much more on my orange jobbie.

So, if any one of you has handled, used or at least seen a hybrid pole your input would be most welcome. Carbon would obviously be nicer, but the family holiday sounds nicer so the £1k+ will stay sitting in the bank for now!!

Many thanks.
We know we're the best, you know we're the best, I guess we can't both be wrong!!!

jeff1

Re: Hybrid poles
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 04:44:53 pm »
I have the 34' XTel  Hybrid There a good pole, I always leave the top section in, the reason for this is the very top section is a little whippy, leave it down and its a nice pole.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 04:46:44 pm »
I've recently bought a 36' 8 section H-xtel.  It's really good.  I use it for everything, its the only pole i've got.   

Its a lot less bendy than the xtel glass fibre pole, so is much less tiring to use cos yr not fighting against it all the time to get it to do what you want!

Check out these prices ;) ;)
www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Carbon_fibre_water_fed_pole.html

I had to quote on a really high job yesterday.  I didn't think I could reach the 2nd floor windows (G-1-2)  because it was such a big building with big tall windows, but it reached the top of the frames easily, with two sections left unopened!

Really happy with it.

The red inner sections look good too.

MLS

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 04:58:28 pm »
Thanks for that lads, it's nice to hear good things about them before popping up to Newton Abbot to buy one.

Cheers.
We know we're the best, you know we're the best, I guess we can't both be wrong!!!

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 05:16:26 pm »
For the money they are really workable and plenty stiff enough.  I have a 28ft and would work with it all days no probs.  I can even use it horizontal.

Simon.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 05:27:07 pm »
For the money they are really workable and plenty stiff enough.  I have a 28ft and would work with it all days no probs.  I can even use it horizontal.

Simon.

That paints a funny picture; the window cleaner laying down cleaning a window with WFP ;D :D ;D :D

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 05:31:04 pm »

Simon.

That paints a funny picture; the window cleaner laying down cleaning a window with WFP ;D :D ;D :D

I know what you mean, I'm so laid back I'm horizontal, but here you go, have a look.  Ok nearly horizontal.

Simon.

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 05:35:08 pm »
Nice pic.

I've seen someone else wearing those blue gloves. 

Any particular reason or just cold? ;)

I've heard that pure water can dry your hands out, is that why?

pitcher

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 05:50:24 pm »
I have 4 in total about 9months old they have last better than any pole Ive had .Would be money well spent

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 05:51:47 pm »
Nice pic.

I've seen someone else wearing those blue gloves. 

Any particular reason or just cold? ;)

I've heard that pure water can dry your hands out, is that why?

Because I'm a pansy.

I use the clear latex ones now they are better.  It's mainly to keep my hands clean and free from glass fiber splinters.  When I first went wfp I couldn't believe the amount of muck you picked up reeling in the hoses.  I wear them all year round,  I still find my hands drying out though.

Simon.

TDW

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 05:57:13 pm »
If you're willing to spend £400 why not go for the sl-x. Its early days infact i only recieved it today. But first impressions are pure perfection!

MLS

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 05:39:07 am »
Is the sl x a Gardiner pole?

Can I get them from a local dealer or from them direct?

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 09:23:48 am »
Is the sl x a Gardiner pole?

Can I get them from a local dealer or from them direct?
yes SL-X is a Gardiner pole, you have to get it direct from them  ;)

S.A.J

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 11:07:59 am »
MLS i have a 30ft hybird great pole light enough for every day use and stiff too!

You can have a look a mine if you want im working in the Peverell area all day?

give us a bell  07936 101620

Stuart  8)