Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jago

How comes Admin people ?????????
« on: April 23, 2008, 02:46:34 pm »
How comes New people on the site can sign on to here and still not put where they are from
I have tried to champion this before as it is much more friendly and easy to be helpfull or not from someone around your own area

A lot of us already know where we all are based but I just think it is  curtasy     (however you spell it but ya catch my drift)

think it should be made into a red star part admins where If you do not put it you do not get on here.

maybee I am wrong but if there is nothing to hide should not be a problem Even if it is just county

Rant over  ???
regards J
To Do Is To Dare

L.J.Thorpe

Re: How comes Admin people ?????????
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 02:59:57 pm »
agree
its not like other forum members are gonna hunt you down if you offend them ;D
on second thoughts ???
really tho good idea

Art

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 03:00:32 pm »
What's to stop them lying Jago?

I see your in Bracknell. I'm in Slough  :)

Arthur

Jago

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 04:58:36 pm »
Cool nice to meet you Arthur
That is my boys name too so you must be cool
I work in Bracknell and Old Windsor
I also do 95% domestic as I hate Comercial

What about you?

Cheers J

To Do Is To Dare

Jago

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 05:01:55 pm »
LJ  ;D

I Also think it would be good for networking as if people put where there from and we can see if you have a problem or need help we can use this as a propper resource

Just a thought

Admins are a bit quite
I am sooooo barred
To Do Is To Dare

Art

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 05:20:01 pm »
Cool nice to meet you Arthur
That is my boys name too so you must be cool
I work in Bracknell and Old Windsor
I also do 95% domestic as I hate Comercial

What about you?

Cheers J

Hi Jago,

I'm in the process of adding WCing to my cleaning business.So many different opinions with WFP cleaning, but i'll have to decide soon.
 I'll be targeting domestic to start off with as we do domestic house cleaning so hopefully we'll get WCing aswell as the cleaning.

We cover Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead.

My mate who's a carpet cleaner lives in Bracknell.

How long you been a WCer for?

Arthur

Jago

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 05:52:23 pm »
been back doing it for 7 months now so all through the cold and snow and rain lol
I do some in Maidenhead too and my mate passes me ones in slough like all the town houses he does not want

there is a few massive estates around there and all the Window Cleaners are getting old
there are another 2 under 40 that I have seen around old windsor but never seen anyone in slough
Give me a shout if you want a hand with WFP dude as always willing to help if I can
J
To Do Is To Dare

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 06:00:25 pm »
How comes New people on the site can sign on to here and still not put where they are from
I have tried to champion this before as it is much more friendly and easy to be helpfull or not from someone around your own area

A lot of us already know where we all are based but I just think it is  curtasy     (however you spell it but ya catch my drift)

think it should be made into a red star part admins where If you do not put it you do not get on here.

maybee I am wrong but if there is nothing to hide should not be a problem Even if it is just county

Rant over  ???
regards J
Problem with that is people could put what they like so you would still be none the wiser.
I am asked my date of birth on alot of places most dop not have the correct one as they dont need to know that info, I put the right details on here as I dont have anything to hide.

Some people asre very funny about putting details in and to be honest I cant blame them with the amount of fraud online.

Art

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 06:01:13 pm »
Thanks Jago, i might take you up on that.I was going to ask on here if anyone would be willing to show me the ropes

Arthur

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 06:02:20 pm »
Thanks Jago, i might take you up on that.I was going to ask on here if anyone would be willing to show me the ropes

Arthur
if you fancy a trip to bedford your always welcome Art

Jago

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 06:42:44 pm »
No Problem Art
Ican see the point about the fraud but what can they get from area ie county
and name?
but yoiu can also tell the real people from the wannabe's

like now I know Art is about and Iam willing to help him as you are too Window Washers
and that is the networking part and it can also lead onto work and helping each other
I hope lol
To Do Is To Dare

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 06:59:35 pm »
No Problem Art
Ican see the point about the fraud but what can they get from area ie county
and name?
but yoiu can also tell the real people from the wannabe's

like now I know Art is about and Iam willing to help him as you are too Window Washers
and that is the networking part and it can also lead onto work and helping each other
I hope lol
I am always willing to help anyone, thats why I started the webdesign off.
have loads of other things aswell that are being developed to help window cleaners.

in terms of business I would happy passwork to people I speak to, I know who says and who does.

I love networking  ;D

Art

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 07:18:38 pm »
Thanks guys.

Jago, i'll drop you an email and then we could arrange to meet up.

Thanks Arthur

Jago

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 07:43:04 pm »
no problem fella
To Do Is To Dare

Londoner

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 11:04:04 am »
I was one of the first to put where I lived on. I can see no reason not to. The trouble is we have suffered some right idiots over the years and they are the ones who won't put their personal details up.

If you try and enforce it they will just lie. Its a weakness of the internet as a whole, look at what paedophiles get up to on kids chat rooms or scammers on E-bay. You can never be sure who is on the other end.

Compared to those sort of problems ours are not serious, just a few idiots and wind up merchants.

But set against that I do believe that this forum has almost single handedly brought window cleaning togeather as a trade and moved it forward in a way that could never have been achieved by other means.

So we will just have to put up with it.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 11:09:53 am »
I'm in the process of adding WCing to my cleaning business.So many different opinions with WFP cleaning, but i'll have to decide soon.
 I'll be targeting domestic to start off with as we do domestic house cleaning so hopefully we'll get WCing aswell as the cleaning.
??? ???

You mean all these years I've thought you were a window cleaner and you weren't? :-[

Paul Coleman

Re: How comes Admin people ????????? New
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 12:05:12 pm »
It's not as if people are being asked to divulge their address.  Just the county would be fine I think or failing that, a more general area such as Southeast or Midlands.  At least that much will give an idea as to whether they have hard or soft water and may help with an enquiry.

Art

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 03:33:17 pm »
??? ???

You mean all these years I've thought you were a window cleaner and you weren't? :-[

I've said a few times that i'm not Rog, you should pay attention  ;D

Well at least now when i start with the silly questions you'll know why  :'(