Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shirl

Can anyone with a Numatic help me with model no. please
« on: April 12, 2008, 06:42:02 pm »
Hi all.

I've just purchased an almost new Numatic CTD 572-2 from ebay.  I've got home with it and realised that the model no. plate is missing so I've checked the box and the where it tells you the model number, the numbers have been ripped off so there's nothing to actually tell me what model it is

I've looked on the internet and the CTD and CT look identical but the CTD is twice as powerful.  Can someone advise me of any differences as I hope I havent got the cheaper one :-(

On the underside of the lid, is there a way of telling a difference?

Thanks guys, I'd appreciate any help before going back to the guy.  Maybe it is the CTD it just seems weird that all the model number stickers have been removed.

Dave_Lee

Re: Can anyone with a Numatic help me with model no. please
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 06:58:05 pm »
Ask the supplier, why they have been removed, and dont forget a lot of stolen stuff get sold on Auction sites.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

spencer davies

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 07:04:00 pm »
The CTD has two motors inside, you could undo the head and take a peek.

S

markpowell

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 07:04:59 pm »
You could weigh it the cdt weighs 18.4 kgs and the cd weight 16.2 kgs
Mark

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 07:06:20 pm »
Shirl
Your right what you say that - the CTD has 2 vac motors in it - and I think thats the one the seller was describing - check out the advert.

Take the black top off the machine - you probably done already.
There should be 2 round grills.
Plug in, switch on, and you may be able to see something spinning in each, and if safe to do so putting your hand near you will feel air around both.
If thats the case ie 2 spinning you have the 2 vac one.

If you only have one and the advert says 2 then you have been mis sold and contact the seller.
If no joy contact ebay (thats a painful task in itself)

Shirl

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 07:15:39 pm »
Thanks guys I appreciate the fast replies as I'm feeling quite worried.  I picked it up myself rather than shipping and the guy was lovely, not some back of a van job.  Its only a few months old so it seems odd that the id lables are missing.

Yes it has two circles of machinery on the underside of the lid but can anyone confirm that the CT doesn't?  I see what you mean with it being twin motor so it stands to reason there would be two parts to the lid but I wanted to be sure as i'd be gutted if it was the CT!

Joe, I've just seen your reply and will go check now.

Shirl

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 07:28:25 pm »
Right just went looking for my scales.... batteries are dead  >:(

Joe I've done as you said and there is air movement around the two machinery things.  Does the CT only have one circle?  Daft question but I thought one circle could be for suction and one for the water injection (sorry I'm not mechanically minded)

If it is a stolen machine then I'm sure the guy didnt know, maybe he got it with the stickers removed.

I'll find some batteries and weigh it.

I appreciate you help peeps :-)

Joe H

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 07:32:36 pm »
Sorry Shirl - I dont know if the CT has only one circle as I havent got one/seen one.
The test I explained is because mine has 2 vac motors as we hope yours has.

Shirl

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 07:46:28 pm »
Ok I've weighed it with no accessories and it weighs 16.1kg

Anyone get the feeling its a CT....

Shirl

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 08:44:19 pm »
Right I've emailed the guy to see if he can help.  The weight of it suggests its a CT model.  I'll be really upset if it is as I did a three and half hour round trip to pick it up and I can't afford to lose my money, I've been saving up for this  :'(

*paul_moss

Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Shirl

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 11:46:44 pm »
Thanks Paul

I've compared it to this one http://www.alpha-cleaning.co.uk/parts/data/pdf/EXP-0445-1.pdf  however this is a CT 570 not CT 572.  This one only has one motor though.

Looking on Numatic's website, it looks like the one I thought I had bought is a CTD 570-2 not CTD 572.  God its getting crazy, I'll have to ring them up on Monday

Thanks again all

Shirl