Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevegunn

Mattresses
« on: April 10, 2008, 05:23:42 pm »
Have had a run on mattress cleaning lately but struggling with some stains due to fibre construction.Would spray and go work urine,blood and wine?

*paul_moss

Re: Mattresses
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 06:10:27 pm »
Steve the cotton finished mattresses are always a problem and usually stain permanent. I tell mine that they will be clean an sanitised but some staining will be permanent. Glad I dont do too many of them
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

lands

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 07:35:05 pm »
Paul

Do you think its worth having a helpline on the ccdo website for advice?

Pete

dan roberts

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 10:35:15 pm »
The worst of all stainage has to be menstrual, its not only blood but often likely to have endometrium (the lining of a woman's uterus) in it aswell.
I stay away from matress cleaning and advise that there are good deals on new matresses etc.

Cheers

Dan
Life moves pretty fast, if u dont stop and look around once in a while, u could miss it.

Bill Robinson

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 08:20:14 am »
yuck  :(

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 09:02:06 am »
Ive always found matresses a pig to clean and wont touch them

stevegunn

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 09:36:13 am »
At £45 a time they are too good to turn down as long as you explain that the stains are virtually impossible to remove

Shirl

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 11:36:03 am »
I don't want to start a row here but do you think its actually possible to sanitise a mattress?  I used to do mine with the kirby to get out any dry matter and then I'd blast it with the steam from my Polti.  However there seems to be mixed opinion on the effectiveness of this with some camps saying that the temperature of the high steam kills bugs/mites etc but others say the steam cant actually stay hot enough or penetrate deep enough into the mattress and in fact can make the problem worse by introducing moisture into the area.

I know some people sanitise with powders etc but many people still think the way to go is with steam cleaners.

ollie

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 12:33:26 pm »
I don't want to start a row here but do you think its actually possible to sanitise a mattress?  I used to do mine with the kirby to get out any dry matter and then I'd blast it with the steam from my Polti.  However there seems to be mixed opinion on the effectiveness of this with some camps saying that the temperature of the high steam kills bugs/mites etc but others say the steam cant actually stay hot enough or penetrate deep enough into the mattress and in fact can make the problem worse by introducing moisture into the area.

I know some people sanitise with powders etc but many people still think the way to go is with steam cleaners.

some companies take them away and feeze them so im told!

ollie

Les

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 07:19:11 pm »
Thankfully I don't clean too many mattresses, but I had one about 6 weeks ago where a lady asked me to clean the mattress on her recently deceased fathers bed.

Unfortunately he had become addicted to 'Laxatives'  :o :P and I can tell you that they certainly worked if the mattress was anything to go by   :o :o

The reason for having it cleaned ?

She was giving it to a 'good friend'  :-X ( I suspect 'Ex Friend once they'd seen the mattress) >:(

The others I get normally involve a cat of one sort or another. Did one a couple of weeks ago where the lady had accidentaly shut the cat in her daughters bedroom over the entire Bank Holiday.

Well if you've gotta go, you've gotta go !

The Mattress smelt lovely after being peed on by the cat, (numerous times) and being near the radiator  :P

Les

Mike Roper

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 09:58:24 pm »
The only mattress cleaning I get is from hotels where residents have got mottled and have peed the bed or worse, sometimes when their partner has been layed next to them. Fancy waking up next to that?
Mike

Ian Rochester

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 07:04:57 am »
Mike just done similar recently

We got called out to one over the easter weekend, lad had come back to the hotel p*ssed out of his head, sh!t himself all over the bed, mattress, carpet and lino.  He had then went and run the bath to try and get it all cleaned up and promptly fallen asleep!!!

We got a call at 9 am in the morning when the cleaners had arrived to clean the bar area and public toilets to find them swimming in water and half the ceiling down!!

Anyway, we just binned all the soft furnishings in the room including the mattress, bedding, carpet, underlay and lino, I have never had much success with getting stains out of mattresses and I wasn't about to persevere with this one!

The insurance company gave us the whole job to do, finally finished it yesterday with a final coat of paint on the ceiling and a clean of the bar carpet, just got to work out the bill now!