Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Aquakleen Restoration Services

Has anyone tried this approach for business?
« on: April 12, 2008, 12:13:58 pm »
Hi all

When out on a job have you ever knocked on the doors of surrounding houses and said something along the lines of 'I have cleaned your neighbours carpets so is there anything I can do for you while I am in the same street'?

It is an approach i am thinking of trying as I think if they know you are working on a neighbor's house (and did a good job) you have gained a little trust with them.

Just a thought, anyone had a try and what were the results like

Cheers
John

C.C.S.

Re: Has anyone tried this approach for business?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 12:26:11 pm »
yer, i do that with special pro-mo leaflets, if i'm in a particular area after a job i pop about 40/50 letters with good deals attacted in that street etc! not brave enough to knock, YET! what you have posted was an approach that cleansmart e-mailed me about a year or to ago. let us know the results of your calling on neighbor's. C.C.S.

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 12:32:04 pm »
Hi John, I put letters out to the right, left and across the road, saying I have just done work at the what ever number house it is, but dont knock on the doors.  Too much bad press for door to door sales people now!!!
Dont get me wrong one of my first jobs was doing door to door at 16.
Let me know how you get along.
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 12:42:54 pm »
Yes do it. i do it if I have the time in conjunction with neighbour nudgers and it ups response.

Try not to think so much as coming across as a door to door salesman, rather a local trader who has worked for a neighbour and you are simply introducing yourself. The more you think of it like this the more you will do it and come across as such.

Even better, but has an expense is to say I've just cleaned the carpets across the way for Mrs Jones and I give these out to neigbours (hand over your spotter with logo) explain it's because you are fed up of seeing ruined carpets.

Or a trick I learned from Dave L, go either side before a job and apologise in advance for any noise/inconvenience-hand them a spotter or discount voucher-walk away.

cloverclean

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 01:32:05 pm »
I arrive on a job about 10 mins before and put a free quotation  letter  in houses close buy. and it works very well.