Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Rochester

Nissan Primastar
« on: April 05, 2008, 02:44:03 pm »
Anyone driving around in one of these, if so what are they like?

We're in desperate need of another van and this is one of the ones I'm going to look at tomorrow.

Darren O

Re: Nissan Primastar
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 03:13:06 pm »
I got a primaster december 06 on lease great van drives like a car also the primaster comes with a censor on the back bumper so it comes in handy when reversing. Darren

prodry

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 03:46:24 pm »
Excellent van to drive, same workings/bodies as vauxhall vivaro and renault traffic. Miss mine like crazy, compared to the Fiat Ducatto I currently have there is massive difference in ride and quality.

If buying second hand try and get one with as many options you can and bigger engine (2.5) if you plan on carring lots of gear/TM. Many have Sat nav, bluetooth for your mobile, 6 speed boxes, sports models. The higher spec ones second hand seem to be about the same money as the more basic ones. Colour seems makes a difference to the second hand price with Black and silver getting a premium.

Make sure the rear doors shut properly and look at the roof from behind to make sure  there are no creases in it, making sure it hasn't had any rear shunts. I used to trade vans last 3 years and this seems to be a big problem for these. They are quick and stop on a sixpence so are driven like cars, problem being the person behind cant see whats in front of you.

Some had problems like clutch, brake linkage but most were sorted with recalls or under warrenty. If it doesnt start first time from cold or cuts out just after starting at all walk away from it. Badly driven and poorly serviced the injectors and glow plugs wear out from having water and sediment in the fuel. Can be as much couple of Łk to sort out.

spencer davies

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 04:45:20 pm »
I had a Vivaro from new, I had loads of problems ranging from steering column, engine management system through to a new gearbox, all of these problems happened AFTER the warranty had expired :-\

As soon as I had the gear box fixed, I got rid quick sharp.

I must admit I liked the look of it and the way it drove, but it cost me a lot of money, I have several friends that had similar problems with Traffics and Primastars, I have gone back to Volkswagen again...phew.

Interestingly, on Friday we had the RAC here to deal with some keys locked in a vehicle, he turned up in a Transporter, we spoke about Vivaro's he told me about a host of other problems he has seen with them, his description was 'Vivaro? you mean Lada Van'  ::)

S

Darren O

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 06:33:17 pm »
I heard after the 55 plate all traffics,vivaro,primaster,have nissan engines in them before that they had renault engines.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 08:35:10 pm »
Prodry and all,

Thanks for the comments, I'm going to have a look at them tomorrow, ones a white one on an 07 plate and the others a silver one on a 57 plate.

I'll take all your comments into consideration, we currently have 2 old style Ducatos which I really like, along with a couple of other smaller vans but I now need another big van primarily for WFP windows.  However if it's nicer than my 06 Ducato, I'll have it and stick the Prowler in it!

I've looked at the Transporter but I don't think they are big enough for what I want and the LWB version is just too bloody expensive.

PaulKing

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 09:58:45 pm »
selling  transporter thats had a prowler in it it's on ebay  it a 04 plate
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 12:05:32 am »
For some reason they never seem to be able to get the gearbox right on these models. Had two Renault Trafic's years ago , gearbox trouble. I have spoken to countless Trafic owners since and almost all of them have had gearbox trouble at some stage.

dan roberts

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 10:42:45 pm »
buy it
Life moves pretty fast, if u dont stop and look around once in a while, u could miss it.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 07:38:31 am »
selling  transporter thats had a prowler in it it's on ebay  it a 04 plate

i would rather have one of these then any of them traffic type vans ive seen these transporters with over 400,000 miles on the clock and still on the same engine and box ! naff said  ;D