Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shirl

Puzzi 100 + sebo or Numatic CTD 572
« on: April 09, 2008, 07:17:01 pm »
Guys I've got it down to two machines that I'm about to offer on, can you help me choose please.  I've looked at the spec but they talk about different things, one talks about psi and the other suction rates. 

I've been offered: that Numatic CTC 572 on ebay that a couple of you guys mentioned.

OR

A Puzzi 100 plus a Sebo Duo.  I understand that some of you think the Numatic is a better machine, but what about if its with a Sebo as a search shows that its an excellent machine.

Please tell me which one to choose as I want to sort it out tonight.  :)

Thanks peeps

Shirl

Joe H

Re: Puzzi 100 + sebo or Numatic CTD 572
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 09:58:48 pm »
Shirl - I cant comment on the Puzzi nor the Sebo Duo as I have not owned/operated either.
I do have the Numatic, and have had for about 16 years (same one).

I did more general cleaning in them days and only used the Numatic say 4 or 5 times a month - perhaps similar to what you going to do.

I did a good job because I put a lot of effort in, especially on the drying strokes - but yes, overall the jobs were good uns. (of course I cant compare it to the machine I have now but the price is outside your range.

That Numatic on Ebay (is it the one I linked to?) has only been used twice and is about half price of a new one.
I say no more.

Shirl

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 10:16:37 pm »
Hi Joe.

Crikey this is hard work.  I've spent all day searching files and my head hurts.

Yes its the machine you linked to.  I've put my offer in so fingers crossed.

This website scares me a bit.  I just assumed you bought some shampoo and a machine but there is so much more to learn.  Its like doing a degree reading this forum!  ;D

I'm plowing my way through it all anyway.  Thanks for all the help guys

Steve Chapman

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 10:45:46 pm »
Shirl,

There's really no contest, the numatic machines are robust and last forever, iv'e had one for eighteen years dropped it umpteen times and even smashed it to pieces when it fell out of my van, and it still works !  :o ( lots of gaffa tape on it, and no I dont use to clean carpets any more !)

there not that good for doing lots of carpets or very large areas, but probably the best of the small bunch.

regards
steve

Shirl

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 11:21:52 pm »
Thanks Steve

I'm still waiting on a reply from the seller.  I could really do with delivery as he's a couple of hours away and I'm already going down to Oxford on the weekend to pick up my new steamer  ;D

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 05:12:15 am »
If you dont get the Sebo then a long handled carpet brush at about £18 will do the job.
Use it to brush the carpet prior to vacuum cleaning (and the Kirby is a really good tool for that),
if you use a prespray, use the brush to rub it all around (agitation)
and then to groom the carpet when you finished - make it look real smart.

Re prespray - John Kelly at Restormate, Newcastle (he posts on here) sells 1 litre bottles of Nemesis Super for less then a tenner and that will last you an awful long time.
Its not a dtergent and therefore will not leave sticky residue in the carpets, therefore leaving the carpets cleaner and healthier longer.

and yes there is more to carpet cleaning then most people think - and some of the guys on here like Doug Holloway (who is into chemistry in a big way) are very cleaver with it. Me - I just about hang on in there! - my talents lie elsewhere - just not found where yet!

klinger (spa clean)

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 06:24:54 am »
And Shirl, I think a good little tip to take on board, would be... dont be tempted to go over the recomended dilution rates with what ever cleaning solution you end up using!! ;)
klinger of spa clean.

Shirl

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 07:16:17 am »
Many thanks Joe.  I shall get onto John Kelly.  I need some low foam degreaser as well for the steamer so i'll have a chat with him and get it all at once.

Oh and Klinger, what makes you think I would do that..... god you know me already!  ;D

PS just because you've all sorted me out with my equipment, don't think i'm leaving you in peace now.. theres so much more to learn!  ;D :o 8) :-*

Shirl

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 03:50:19 pm »
Right i'm sorted.  I've got the Numatic and I've spoken to John Kelly about the chemicals and the brush etc, great guy, told me exactly what I needed and saved me money by getting a multi tasking product.  Thanks for telling me about him Joe.

So thats it... up and running!  ;D