Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Do you have a website already?

Yes, and it works well for me
38.1%
16 (38.1%)
Yes, but I don't get much work from it
35.7%
15 (35.7%)
No, not yet
26.2%
11 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Mike_Boxall

Question for CCDO visitors
« on: April 01, 2008, 07:08:34 pm »
Hi

I obviously need to put something together for you guys next week and it would help to know how many of you already have websites and how well they work for you.

The main areas I've already been asked about include:

Web design
Functionality
Search Engine Optimisation
Pay Per Click advertising

I've picked up on questions previously asked in this section but if you can think of any others you'd like me to cover please feel free to post them here.

I look forward to catching up with you all next week.

Regards

Mike

stevegunn

Re: Question for CCDO visitors
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 07:11:07 pm »
The biggest problem with my site is people filling in the online quotation form but don't enter phone number normally email them back stating I need to view carpets or suite then you never hear from them again.

lands

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 07:14:15 pm »
Hi Mike

Will you still be covering payments (via paypal for eg.)

Pete

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 07:21:37 pm »
im really lookingforward to this and i will be takeing lot of notes i tryed a company to do my site and it was poop so i pulled ill be looking for as much info as poss and will be asking a few questions so you better not have too many beers the night befour

*paul_moss

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 07:28:16 pm »
Mike I think your biggest answer is going to be that the guys get their site up their but dont get to much work from it and it is usually price shoppers.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Jason Hedges

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 12:56:22 am »
Hi Mike,

Looking forward to meeting you as well :)

I'd be interested on functionality of websites and what makes a good website.

Had mine for a while now and get good rankings but get very little lately work or enquiry wise.

I'm keen to know what people are looking for in a good website.

Steve Saunders (Alltec) did a good talk last year at the ccdo and mentioned laying out advertising to appeal to women (our main target). So our advertising including web based should be aimed towards the female sex rather than us men.

Not sure if its something you've considered but maybe worth a thought.

Jason

spencer davies

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 11:36:06 am »
We have had amazing success with our sites, so much so that we are setting up a web marketing business!

Best regards

S

Goldfinch PCS

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 12:26:25 pm »
Steve people who do that from my experience are normally competitors that want to see how much you would charge. What you should do is make these fields compulsory.
Don't let any designer tell you that you people don't like giving out telephone numbers, these days people give out mobile numbers without too much fuss because it is costing the caller a lot especially across networks.
This is a good way of getting rid of time wasters.

Another tip use 0845 numbers instead of 0800, let the prospect pay. Register your number with MPS. Stop all unsolicited calls or junk mail - details below.

This service is free.

Unsolicited mail

Mail Preference Service:

Unwanted, unread Direct Mail has no place in anyone's home. And if you're not interested in receiving it, MPS will update their records for Direct Mail companies to see and adjust their lists as you request. Unwanted mail can be reduced/stopped by registering on line or by writing to the MPS.

Royal Mail Door to Door can help prevent unaddressed (The Occupier) mail. You should ask for an application form which should be completed and returned accordingly.

DMA House
70 Margaret Street
London
W1W 8SS
MPS Registration line - 0845 703 4599

Tel: (020) 7291 3310
Fax: (020) 7323 4226
E-mail: mps@dma.org.uk

Royal Mail Door to Door Service:
Freepost
Beaumont House
Oxford
OX4 5BR

Unwanted leaflets:
Write to the publisher(s) requesting non-delivery of the free-sheet(s) and associated leaflets. You could also have a word with the delivery boy/girl.
Goldfinch PCS
0800 612 9244
LTT PROmite(Altec) Member of - IICRC
www.goldfinchpcs.co.uk

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 07:25:09 pm »
Thanks for the feedback.

We can cover all those elements quite easily. I'll show you some interesting stats as well - a lot of people think they're getting more visitors than they actually are and typical conversion rates are very rarely above 4% at the best of times.

By the way, for those that do pay per click (PPC) advertising, you might be intersted to know that a recent report suggests that click fraud is currently running at 28%!

Regards

Mike

lands

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 07:27:16 pm »
The PPC stat alone is very useful to alot of guys on here Mike.

Pete

Kev Loomes

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 01:35:16 pm »
We have a great response from websites - one more than others though (not saying which ;D), so not that focused too much on this at the CCDO. I think it will still be interesting though.

Kev

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 11:13:36 am »
mike

When we eventually get round to redisigning ours I want to Add Sound ie personal message.

Possible Video is this a goodidea due to download times?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 03:29:37 pm »

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 01:37:17 pm »
Hi  Shaun

Thats just what I mean. Would have liked Anthea but cannot afford fee.
So will have to have my repotorie company instead

Sort of a podcast.

Ian

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 02:55:43 pm »
I'm sure alot of us would like Anthea but.... I do think that a more 'girl next door' type would be better who looks and sounds like a secretary and also you could ave online recommendations via video like the Joe Polish ones.

Shaun