Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lands

Re: Rugs for CCDO
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 08:54:11 pm »
Iwill be bringing a Kayam to clean , its 5 ft round and a dirty one!

And knowing Dave he will probably bring a kayak and teach us white water rapid canoeing.

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2008, 09:35:25 pm »
emailed a client with loads of rugs the other day-no response

rang her up this morning and I said did you get my email?- oh yes no it's ok don't need any rugs cleaning.

Did you read the bit about it's for a course and we would do them for free?

No. Well, er,  I may have one. No hang on I've got 3 here you can do?  ::)

She runs a guest house and has them on traffic lanes.

ian loughlin

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 12:38:27 pm »
I might have a couple of rugs to clean,  they are my aunty's . I don't know what they are, accept they are covered in cat hair and pretty manky.

John Gregory

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2008, 02:22:44 pm »
I picked a rug up from custy today to have a play with

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 06:30:13 pm »
Dave

Picked up the 3 orientals and are as described. Got two other small knotted ones but are a bit cheapo.

I also picked up the white one. It's knotted but has cotton as part of the design weaved through it but not specifically part of the construction if that makes sense. I'll bring it along anyway.

Mike   

liahona

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 08:11:44 pm »
Mike and anyone else bringing rugs.  Thanks for one as it saves me having to bring some of my own to do and I wont be home till the Wednesday. 

Secondly, although I and the weather will do our best to dry the rugs during the day you will need to be prepared to take back with you a wet rug that wil need to be dried the next day.

I am sure between everyone going there will be one or two air movers that can be used to speed up the drying.

I have lots of bits of carpets that can be taken home to practice re-weaving on too.  The samples for the day are very easy to work on but the ones you can take home are quite a headache to re-weave. 

I have a spare Afghan and a spare Persian if anyone else needs one that hasnt asked.  Actually there will be 2 of one and 1 of the other as Del, hasnt said which one he wanted.

Dont spend all your cash on the Sunday as I will need paying on the Monday.

And I dont drink so cant be bribed.

The Afghans are 1 foot 6 inches x 2 feet 4 inches.

Persians are 1 foot 3 inches x 1 foot 9 inches.  Smaller but of course a much higher quality rug.

See some of you tomorrow and the others on Monday, best, Dave.

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 08:43:27 pm »
Yes, would be nice if we have plenty of air movers on the day.

Drying six rugs in my house could be problematic.

Dave if it's snowing/raining is there somewhere we can get them under cover after cleaning?