Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chrisdean

Customer was amazed with the finished result!
« on: April 12, 2008, 07:44:26 pm »
Just had a customer phone back to praise me for such excellent results. She said she has recommended me to her friends and would like to make a referral on our website. Carpet was white polyprop and had dog urine, coffee/tea stains and wine stain etc had to clean lounge and 2 x bedrooms took me 5 hours in total. Did a prevac and was told last cleaner never even bothered, managed to fill the vacuum cleaner from empty. She said last carpet cleaners results came no where near. She is moving house so asked her to leave my card for next ppl moving in and she asked for a quote for scotchgard in the new build she is moving to so all in all a very successful job! :)

Also before you ask i used traffic clean pre spray 250 ml per litre (agitated well), and double clean (2  scoops per bucket) with a 100ml of odour fresh. As much hot water as the tap would give & 2000w inline heater on machine (Craftex Grace 5020 with 50feet of hose connected)

C.C.S.

Re: Customer was amazed with the finished result!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 07:50:27 pm »
the praise alone in its self is worth far more than the money, but the cash does help a little bit :) well done to you. C.C.S.

Kev Loomes

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 07:51:52 pm »
A lounge and 2 beds - in 5 hours  :o :o :o

Hope it was worthwhile  ;D

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 08:01:26 pm »
My first few jobs took a Looooong time and I think that's fine. Better to methodically go through the process and take your time-Hopefully without hacking off the custie.

As you get experience and confidence you speed up naturally and begin to be more cost effective.

In fact I still think I'm slow. When I read post about 3 bed houses in 2-3 hours I wonder where I'm missing a trick.

chrisdean

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 08:02:37 pm »
i could have charged more but who is to say the customer would have been as happy and therefore i might not have got the praise, website referral, recomendation to her friends, repeat business etc.

I agree only fools work for peanuts but as long as i am happy with the hourly rate i get then i don't think that charging too high is a good thing. People like to think they are getting there moneys worth and don't like that ripped off feeling we all suffer from in the UK.

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 08:33:10 pm »
Chris

Absolutely fantastic hope your next customer gives you this glowing praise.

Mike

Make sure it’s empty 1hr Inc setting up/break down time. 8) :-X

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 08:47:37 pm »
Len

Wish they were all empty  ::)

I'm also a poor portie pauper and have to do all those pre wanding steps. ;)

markpowell

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 09:16:34 pm »
Its very rare that i pre-vac now, i know i will probably get linched for admitting it.
Customer has normally done it. I used to pre-vac all the time until sebo blew half way through a full house clean and i had to clean the last half of the house without, the results were exactly the same. I have also found that most customers have a dyson these days and that these seem to give as good results as the sebo that i used to use, especially on pet hairs. This can knock an hour off  full house clean imo.
Mark

markpowell

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 09:38:31 pm »
Can i suggest that on your next clean of syntetic carpets, you try trafficclean diluted 100ml per litre and just 1 scoop of double clean per bucket of hot water, the results will be the same and you will save £'s on cleaning products and solutions.
Mark

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 10:07:31 pm »
Mike

pre wanding steps now that’s a bummer. ;)

Were the customers happy with the rugs? Picked one up today Indian shall I or shan’t I, think I phone a friend EXPECT A PHONE CALL

By the way your pic does not do justice so say Billy. ;D

Mark

Haven’t seen a good lynching in a long time, cant wait! ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 10:20:01 pm »
Can i suggest that on your next clean of syntetic carpets, you try trafficclean diluted 100ml per litre and just 1 scoop of double clean per bucket of hot water, the results will be the same and you will save £'s on cleaning products and solutions.
Mark

As I was reading through the initial post by Chris I was thinking Woooh, what's with all this over strength stuff. Take it down a bit Chris and try and get some acid rinse in there too to neutralise this out a bit.

Jason Hedges

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 01:32:39 am »
Chris,

Well done mate always nice to get good feedback from custy.

I did the same as you from starting spent that little extra time making sure I did a good job even if it took a little longer than expected. Pays dividens in the long run.

As Mark says though, reduce to 1:10 with trafficlean so 100ml to 1ltr water, does the same job but saves you money.

All the best,
Jason.

chrisdean

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 02:28:59 am »
how would you apply acid rinse .....would you ?

A - spray light mist using spray bottle.

B - put it in portable and make a 2nd pass after the double clean.

C - mix acid rinse with double clean and only make 1 pass with wand.

Jason Hedges

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 02:54:22 am »
Hi Chris,

No need for acid rinse on polyprop.

Poly is man made / plastic in construction.

Normally good prespray + agitation (if needed) then plain water rinse will do.

You will only need to acid rinse or neutralise carpet if its got wool content and you're using a high alcaline / Ph pre-spray.

All the best,
Jason.

markpowell

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 08:48:20 am »
I have found that the best prespray for polyprop carpets is ultrapac renovate by a million miles, as jason says plain water rinse and job done.
Mark

C.C.S.

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 11:37:32 am »
polypropylene; its made from small fuel petrolium capsules, smells like parafin when doing a burn test, poly also has a low melting point = 300' f, don't drag furniture across the carpet as friction burns cannot be removed, even skiding on the carpet can cause the same damage,  not very resistant to oil, older polyprop's can have a poor 'memory' of resilience and recovery when crushed, only fibre to float on water, always pre-vac less chance off wick back "generally" clean without pre-vac forces the dirt to the back of the pile, naughty! naughty! C.C.S.

colin thomas

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 10:20:40 pm »
well done chris, obviously a feather in your cap! but five hours? that is about my working day. a lounge and a couple of bedrooms would take me around 1.5 to 2 hours. get quicker.

colin
colin thomas

chrisdean

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 12:58:32 am »
yes i agree 5 hrs is way to long.... i best keep practising! :-[

Paul Kettless

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 07:40:06 pm »
Speed will come with practise and time, take as long as you need to do the job - end of.

When I think back to my early days I would only book 1 job for the morning and 1 for the afternoon ::)  Now,
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"