Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pjulk

SCSC Cards
« on: March 17, 2008, 10:33:59 pm »
In the past i have done  quite a bit of work for some property developers.

About 18 months ago they got foreign workers in to do the job at a cheaper price.

Today they rang me up and said they want me back doing all there builders cleans again as the quality of the cheaper foreign labour is rubbish and not to the standards they require.

They said that they now require me to have a scsc card to get on site.

Can anyone tell me how i get these and is it just one card for me or is it a card for everyone thats working for me on site.

Any help on this would be great.

Paul

d s windowcleaning

Re: SCSC Cards
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 11:02:17 pm »
i think you visit your local tax office for this
where theres muck theres money

steve m

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 11:04:00 pm »
type in CSCS on the internet to find out where your nearest test centre is. When youve booked up(as a cleaner as window cleaners havent got their own catagory) go to w.h. smiths and get the revision book. The test takes about ten minutes to sit and its a multi choice type on a comuter screen. Cant be that hard I passed.

One other thing, its run by the tax office so they will check to make sure you pay your tax

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 11:18:54 pm »
I know the card i need they said i need the white one its not just for the windows its for the full builders cleans.

Think i will ring the property developer tomorrow to find out if we need a card each.

The tax part is no problem we used to just bill another cleaning company who was CIS registered who we used to get a lot of work from and worked on the same site's but this time we are going to register on the CIS scheme ourselves.

steve m

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 07:41:46 am »
thats the one, its either that or the frequent visitor, but if you do that there are about sixty more questions

Seers

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 09:52:35 am »
Hi,

Every one of your workers will need a cscs card of their own, if they are to work on a building site.

We had to put all our guys through it a few months ago. The test is pretty easy, spend an afternoon reading the revision book and you should have no problems.

The CSCS scheme has been backed by the uk's major house builders, so to win contracts for large new build cleaning work you will have to take the health and safety test and get a card.

Cheers,

Huw.

steve m

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 06:56:18 pm »
and if your not a card holder they wont let you on site either