Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Mono, flocked brushes etc.
« on: March 15, 2008, 08:25:01 pm »
I tend to have bits from time to time, oval vikan brush..... read on another post that these are rubbish,... i believe most of these brushes we all use are designed for car washing.... can anyone tell me which brushes are especially made for wfp... and what are the flocked, non flocked, mono... whats mono?....

any experts on here who can explain what all the different brushes are, and why we dont all use the same, if there is a special brush out there designed to do the best job.

phew, if you know what i mean. ;D ;)

NWH

Re: Mono, flocked brushes etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 08:35:53 pm »
When you choose a brush you want to be looking for 1 that lets the water flow through the bristles and back down the glass,if you use a brush that will trap the dirt if effect you`ll be spreading tiny bits of dirt over the glass and the rinsing process will take longer to do.Although there quiet soft the tucker brush allows good water flow through the bristles,you don`t want a really soft brush and you don`t want a stiff1 also your looking for something in between,Gardiners new brush should be your answer.Hope this helps.

karlosdaze

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 08:43:33 pm »
I think most "salmon" users don't use anything else once the've tried them.

wightsurf

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 08:45:21 pm »
you should make your own it easy to do .I bought a gaz brush then found a shop selling them and just carried on from there .

geefree

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 08:45:46 pm »
Thanks, NWH

Yes thats a good answer, so flocked is not really the answer as it traps dirt, yes i do have to rinse all those damn bits off,

cheers.

geefree

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 08:46:44 pm »
cheers lads.

geefree

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 08:55:28 pm »
just had a look on gardiners site ... do you mean the vikan new brush from them.   ???NWH

wightsurf

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 09:26:43 pm »
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=17309.0

the last type of brush he was talking about that i can find all DIY
but i still use them with no trouble

NWH

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 09:27:48 pm »
The new brush should be out within days.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 10:53:24 pm »
I think most "salmon" users don't use anything else once the've tried them.
Salmon brushes are great for cleaning power,.. bit heavy though

steven ainger

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 01:13:18 pm »
where do you get the salmon brushes from, id like to try them

wightsurf

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 02:21:40 pm »
There is a local cleaning shop near to me that sell them at about £4.50 each. I buy a few put some jets in and way i go.  ;D ;D ;D

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 03:54:42 pm »
Well although I use the Bentley brush on my sl2 at the moment I dont see myself using it for much longer so if Alexs new brush isnt what Im looking for I will be going to use a Tucker converted with a thread plate to go on my sl2, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

wightsurf

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 04:06:11 pm »
What happened to Gazh2o , he was selling these brushes( Salmon )for quite a while ! since i first got two off him and finding a place near to me selling them for general sweeping i have'nt gone back to anything else. Started out with a vikin did'nt get on with that at all so that cleans the car now.