Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Gringo

probs with microfibre
« on: March 16, 2008, 02:15:20 pm »
bought the large green unger microfibre to try after reading about them on here, but after several washes they are still leaving a mark on glass and not performing as well as my scrim, wondering how long they take to break in, and any tips for them, they are the flat weave ones.

Ian W

Re: probs with microfibre
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 03:30:26 pm »
I don't think they need breaking in. They should work straight out of the packet.
They need to be dry to work, and don't use any softener when washing them.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

mark dew

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 03:34:56 pm »
i also use the green unger microfibre and i preferred them to the scrim straight away. Ie no marks or fluff after using them.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 03:36:57 pm »
bought the large green unger microfibre to try after reading about them on here, but after several washes they are still leaving a mark on glass and not performing as well as my scrim, wondering how long they take to break in, and any tips for them, they are the flat weave ones.
one side of the micro fibre does not soak up the water, do not wash them in a hot wash or you will kill them (shrinks the fibres), they do not need to be washed before use even though I think they say you need to do it, I never did and they worked fine. Dont use any washing power and defo not softner when washing these in a machine (should not do this with scrim either)
you will fine one side is smooth the other a little rough (the rough side use on glass)

this is what I have found using these and hope it helps a little.

Ian

steven ainger

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 03:38:36 pm »
dont tumble dry them either

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 03:39:49 pm »
dont tumble dry them either
beat me to it there  ;)

Spursboy1972

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 04:21:00 pm »
It really does not matter which side you use for the windows. I only use microfibre for windows inside that need to be done by hand. I still use a scrim for detailing.

It is a matter of personal preference.

I always wash mine at 60 degrees and sometimes 90. It says so on the advice label. However as previously stated no detergents at all and do not tumble dry them.
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

Gringo

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 08:44:31 pm »
thanks guys  for your help i'll give them another go