Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Aspects

Logo design
« on: March 16, 2008, 07:16:45 am »
I am trying to design a logo but everything i do looks poor any tips hints or ideas
I want something simple and not too over the top

Dean

Sanity

Re: Logo design
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 04:15:45 pm »
What sort of thing did you have in mind?  I could give it a go if you want, but  would have to try to get it in context.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 04:32:38 pm »
If it's a logo for your van, ask yourself a few simple questions.

Is it immediately obvious what you do?

(You see loads of vans with the owner/driver's name in huge letters, but what they actually do is in tiny little letters underneath - by the time you notice it the van's gone by)

Will it have an impact on whoever sees it?

(It needs to "grab" the attention, to leave a lasting impression after the van's gone by)

WILL THEY BE ABLE TO CONTACT YOU WITHOUT HAVING TO REMEMBER YOU PHONE NUMBER?

Our vans have "Ian Lancaster - Window Cleaner" in BIG letters, and the words "Look in Yellow Pages" smaller and in a contrasting colour.  All the other stuff is there (WFP & Trad etc etc) but the important bit is what they see as we drive by.

We get loads of calls starting "I saw your van....."

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 05:02:03 pm »
Ian,

If you get a call who gets the job? example if you get a call from yellow pages who gets the job the franchisee who covers the area? what happens if nobody covers that area at the time of call?
Dave.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 05:14:36 pm »
Dave:  I provide all the work, so all enquiries that come in come to me, and if they turn into jobs, I decide who'll get them.  We don't have a problem with areas, all the franchisees work anywhere in the whole area we cover, there's no competition for the work as I guarantee to provide as much as they want.

In theory they could all be working in the same street at the same time, side by side on the same row of houses ;D

In reality, I tend to keep the work in "batches" so if one of them is in a particular area he will get any jobs that come in in that area, unless he's got as much as he can handle.

"What happens if no one covers that area at the time of call?"

We cover all the areas that our advertising covers, so if someone books us, they get added to the database and get scheduled for when the franchisee is next in that area

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 05:16:40 pm »
Dave:  I provide all the work, so all enquiries that come in come to me, and if they turn into jobs, I decide who'll get them.  We don't have a problem with areas, all the franchisees work anywhere in the whole area we cover, there's no competition for the work as I guarantee to provide as much as they want.

In theory they could all be working in the same street at the same time, side by side on the same row of houses ;D

In reality, I tend to keep the work in "batches" so if one of them is in a particular area he will get any jobs that come in in that area, unless he's got as much as he can handle.
Ian how many franchisee's do you have ?

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 05:18:39 pm »
Currently three, with the fourth already having reserved his place ;D

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 05:21:38 pm »
Currently three, with the fourth already having reserved his place ;D
good on you  m8, I like your style ;)

dave0123

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 05:29:20 pm »
sounds good ian.

so one day all the lads could work in the same place? or even road! like your stile if for say you got a job that takes all day and you maybe need 3 or 4 people on that job :)
Dave.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 07:23:23 pm »
The logo is more for my stationary i have been using an image of a window from printmaster gold for the last ten years and wanted to update it abit to show the use of wfp might just carry on using the same image as all my customers instantly recognise it as me

Dean