Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peekeclean

vikan mono brush
« on: March 15, 2008, 01:13:28 pm »
Iv just tryed again my vikan mono brush on my own house both times the end result was crap.
I tryed rinsing with it on and off but it just seems to soft and not man enough to do a good job.
having said this the rinse with the brush off was a lot better than the one on, but still if this was designed for window cleaners you would think it would do both well.

how do you guys that do use them and do get good results get them??
i keep getting dirty spots (not runs) all over the place why?

tryed My gazh20 brush on them,first time spotless so it must be the brush and not me.

any help

cheers joe

macmac

Re: vikan mono brush
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 02:58:16 pm »
Mine is the rectangular one & i've used it exclusively for about 12 months now. I find it great & get perfect results but, unlike you, i find it a bit too stiff, mine would be better a bit softer.
Is yours oval or rectangular?

Tony

dave0123

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 03:07:39 pm »
I have this brush below. I dont no if its any good compared to other brushes because its the first brush i have used that come with my pole.

What would you recomend to be the best brush for good results on most glass?

Dave.

macmac

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 03:13:00 pm »
I have this brush below. I dont no if its any good compared to other brushes because its the first brush i have used that come with my pole.

What would you recomend to be the best brush for good results on most glass?

What brush is that?  I hate it when suppliers put the jets too close to the middle (like yours) you cant get enough water at the edges. ::)

Tony

dave0123

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 03:16:51 pm »
its aparently the same brush as the Vikan but made by unger. yer they do look quite close 2gether. i will keep my eye on the corners of the windows see if it mises parts.

i might buy  a vikan soon try that our or something else maybe

Dave.

macmac

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 03:28:43 pm »
It looks ok (apart from the jets) it looks like bristles are crinkle mono'?

Tony

alanwilson

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 03:36:26 pm »
I've got both them brushes (both made by vikan except Unger have their name on one of them).  Both rubbish as far as I can see. 

Prefer the salmon and Tucker range, Tucker by far the best though.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

peekeclean

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 05:30:29 pm »
hi tony
            mine is rectangular and my jets are close as well.seem funny how some one gets good results and others not with them..
I think this brush is a no no for rinseing on the glass?

thanks joe

NWH

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 07:43:01 pm »
If your going to buy a vikan brush buy the square red and green one with the ordinary bristles they come with,the other square ones are rubbish and like you say Joe they leave spots on the glass,everyone i know that has used that mono square vikan has had problems with spotting.The new green one is the same as the ordinary vikan ie flocked,but like Mac say`s it needs re jetting,dead give away that it`s not made for WC`s is the place where it`s jetted.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 10:15:35 pm »
I got a vikan rec mono from gardeners and love it.  I find it a great piece of kit.  I only rinse on on frosted windows, but at home experiments I've tried of rinsing brush on have been good.  I'd say it's a good over all long life brush, but the salmon is better for removing birds muck.

I'd like to try a tucker but I wouldn't know how to connect it to the pole.

Like the previous picture, first time I've seen that brush, looks good aside from where the jets are positioned.

Here's a pic of a vikan rec mono just in case any one was wondering.

Simon

Mike 108

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 10:29:23 pm »
Simon

I have the same brush as your's in the picture.

What is the white piece - is it a swivel adaptor?  If so, do you think they are a good bit of kit and where did you get it (and how much?)

Cheers

Mike

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 10:44:10 pm »
Yep it's a swivel.  It is a good piece of kit, but you need t cut of about 20 mm off of the neck of the brush to get it on.  Also it's a good idea to drill a hole through the swivel and then put a screw though it to stiffen it a little bit as with a vikan's weight the swivel is a bit too floppy.  It is a great attachment though and after a day of use I wouldn't be without it.

I got mine from a company in Borhamwood 5 for about £15.  I can't remember the web address at the moment, I'll try and dig it out in the morning.  If macmac is around I think he uses the same supplier he might have it stored on his computer.

The down side is that the plastic does eventually wear out and break with use, but you get about 6 months out of each swivel.

Simon.

Mike 108

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 11:13:43 pm »
Cheers.

Mike

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 09:13:05 am »
http://www.vastsupplies.co.uk/Plastic-Swivel-Connector-p-3883.html

There you go.  ;)

They are a bit like Marmite! ( i love mine)

Mike 108

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 09:50:02 am »
Wow. They're for 'nothing'

peekeclean

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 04:25:59 pm »
what is the best brush for rinse on the glass then?

and where do you get these other brushes like the salmon type?

cheers joe

Spursboy1972

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 04:46:18 pm »
I think  a general concensus would be that the Tucker is the best brush around. I had a Salmon, liked it but it does not wear well. Mine lasted about 6 weeks (i am heavy handed though).

I think that with the right level of flow you could rinse on the glass with any brush although I really only do it with the Tucker.
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 05:08:03 pm »
Iv just tryed again my vikan mono brush on my own house both times the end result was crap.
I tryed rinsing with it on and off but it just seems to soft and not man enough to do a good job.
having said this the rinse with the brush off was a lot better than the one on, but still if this was designed for window cleaners you would think it would do both well.

how do you guys that do use them and do get good results get them??
i keep getting dirty spots (not runs) all over the place why?

tryed My gazh20 brush on them,first time spotless so it must be the brush and not me.

any help

cheers joe
I use this brush and haved not been getting problems I did try a super lite brush but removing baked on birds muck was a no no as it was to soft the weight of the vikan helps when cleaning IMO