Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

maxcarpets

google costs
« on: March 12, 2008, 04:48:39 pm »
Hi all

Just wondered what you guys spend per month on google, mine is approx £150 is that too much?

Justin

Mike Halliday

Re: google costs
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 04:50:19 pm »
how much money  do you earn from google?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 04:57:43 pm »
Last month I spent £6.50  ;D

Got no jobs so that's £6.50 too much.

In fact never had a job through Adwords in 3-4 months

Keyword hits about 40 with 6 click throughs is about typical

I will probably stop it because I'm high in the google searches anyway.

colin thomas

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 07:27:55 pm »
i know i'll got shot down for this but is the internet all it's cracked up to be when it comes to getting work, i have a web site and i get enquires from it but although i reply in an honest and descriptive way on the methods i use, only one job has come my way in the last 6 months from these enquires. face to face and on the phone i get a very good closure rate.

colin
colin thomas

spencer davies

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 07:29:33 pm »
Does your website appear on Google's first page of natural listings?

S

Neil Grainger

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 07:38:39 pm »
£150 and an average return of £1000 a month, it growing all the time but i work on it alot to keep it in all the area's it needs to be in.

I tend to get higher paying jobs from the internet than other advertising.

colin thomas

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 07:43:28 pm »
appleton, so when you get a reply from the internet do you phone them and insist on a personal visit to give them a quote or do you quote online

colin thomas

stevegunn

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 07:47:01 pm »
Get your meta tags right and it'll cost you nothing as you will appear on the 1st page

martin19842

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 07:48:36 pm »
hi there

weve spent £1400 in last rolling 12 month

havent got exact figures but rolling 12 months in excess of £70k,

so im perfectly happy

but i must say that face to face meetings after initial enquiries always helps.
regards

martin

Neil Grainger

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 08:08:49 pm »
Phone and face to face, the only problem with google is that you get calls from a larger area than you would normally cover.

I get calls from Southampton which is 50 miles away so I only give an estimate over the phone for things like this and will only do it if its worthwhile. Anything within 30 minutes I will go and see.

Even if you aim local google spreads you out all over the place.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 08:17:49 pm »
Hi Guys

I do not use adwords because I have good rankings but I have spread out geographically, so far this year been in 5 counties but only travel if its worhwhile and almost always quote over the phone.

I agree a better standard of jobs and I get a lot of work because people can read what they want on my site, and provided they are o.k with the price they book me.

To put the equivalent info on a YP ad would cost thousands.

Cheers

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 08:29:01 pm »
At the CCDO Doug will show us how to convert over the phone (well not literally ;D)

Shaun

Doug Holloway

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 08:41:06 pm »
Hi Shaun

I seem to be better at converting over the phone than face to face these days, must be something to do with my attitude.

Cheers

Doug

Seers

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 08:45:49 pm »
Hi,

We spend about £200-£250 a month on adwords. I too am thinking about cutting it right back because we get few leads from the internet, even though we appear high on first page of natural listings too. And we put quite a bit of work into our website.

It is actually the only paid advertising we do, may go back to yellow pages which we haven't been in for years. Most of our work comes from recommendations.

Cheers,

Huw.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 08:47:06 pm »
or your age ;D

I'll get you a cuppa tea on the 7th for that contemptible remark.

Shaun

spencer davies

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 09:03:29 pm »
I always ask my customers about what they think regarding internet service sourcing, the comments I mainly get are that a company that uses sponsored listings may not be as established or trusted as much as a naturally listed company, the reasons for this are:

The fact that your company can appear on the first page today and be gone tomorrow, a bit like leaflet boys.

People are aware that natural listings take a lot of effort and time to achieve, this may say something about you or your business.

These are comments that I have got in the last few weeks from our clients.

Regards

S

martin19842

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 11:29:06 pm »
hi there

like i have said before , if you ask a customer where they found you and they said google, nine times out of ten, they cant remember if you would listed on the left or the right.

with regard to first, second or third page,  i must admit to looking a bit deeper in the listings, and get some good info from thse companies.

regards

martin