Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sherco

Martin_606
« on: March 09, 2008, 12:40:03 pm »
Hi martin, im just about to venture into the world of carpet cleaning, and i see you started in 2004. Im just wondering how you are doing, im in Heathfield not far..and any advice would be great. i have done all the prochem courses so just about to get machine and start. Thanks
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

The Great One

Re: Martin_606
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 06:15:49 pm »
Hi

Welcome to Carpet Cleaning.

I do both CC and general cleaning, like most of the other guys on here I have seen a downturn over the past few months.

As I do the EOT cleans as well, that side has also got quieter.

That doesn't mean don't do it but it make take a while to get established. try to keep a job or at least part-time until the CC is enough to take over. This is what most of us have done, takes the pressure off of the business.

Good luck and keep us all posted on how things are progressing. Also don't be scared of getting stuck in, even if you make mistakes.

Kind regards

Martin 8)

sherco

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 07:08:16 pm »
I'm still going to run my tiling business, as i lay a lot of natural stone, and want to get into maintaining that for customers, so i thought hard floors and carpet cleaning could go together.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

lands

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 07:40:53 pm »
Sherco, in your position you can't really lose so you have definitely done it the right way round. Good luck. Why don't you come to CCDO and meet some of the guys.

Pete

The Great One

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 09:14:23 pm »
That's excellent, as after you lay the stone you can give an after sales service