Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kirby tech drive question
« on: March 10, 2008, 12:42:04 pm »
Just got a G4 with no instructions. This techdrive thing, am I right in thinking it just helps with pulling strokes or can you get it to go forward as well?

The plastic techdrive lever is split down the middle. Not sure is this is part of the design or has broken.

Just tried it on a rug though and 10X better than a turbo brush and 2x3 stage vacs.

Joe H

Re: Kirby tech drive question
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 05:30:53 pm »
My pedal is split in the middle too, grey and green

If you feel like a keep fit workout then keep the pedal pressed to the left.
If you want the drive assist, press pedal to the right.
Amazing difference, makes the machine seem ultra lite.
Have you tried it on stairs yet?

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 06:13:34 pm »
Thanks Joe,

It's as it's supposed to be then. Good.

No other tools, got it cheap and want it for rugs and the vast expanses of commercial flooring I will be cleaning. One day.

Should have got the manual for an extra £2, what a tight arse eh!

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 02:05:47 pm »
Hi Mike

I have a Kirby G4 too. Simply press the lever to the left for neutral of right for the turbo drive. The turbo drive helps when pulling back as well as pushing forward, mine feels as light as a feather!

John

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 09:38:54 pm »
Yes, well chuffed with it. It's not as heavy as I thought from what I had heard.

Pimping a roller for the Badgerette experience next.

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 05:40:06 am »
Just thought Mike, as you have no instructions..... do you know how to set the correct vac height?

With the motor on and head raised up, lower on head one notch at a time until you hear the motor tone change. Lower just one more notch and you have it at the right height.

Agree on the weight - not much of a problem really - about the same as some dreaded Dysons I have moved.

As it doesnt have a fixed hose I still would not recomend for "normal" house work.

and I think it is bad the way they sell these machine particularly to older people who wont be able to lift them and bend down to put a hose on (never mind fathom it out how to do it)