Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spencer29

builder clean
« on: January 30, 2008, 01:35:23 pm »
Hi there

Could anyone tell me what the difference is between a builder clean and sparkle clean and when each one should be carried out?

Cheers

AbacusFM

Re: builder clean
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 02:42:10 pm »
Hi Spencer,

The build clean is the first one, this usually consists of removing all tape and labels, removing all paint and plaster off windows, radiators, sanitary ware, doors, removing any adhesive to the floor and removing any plaster on the floor etc. Then hoovering or sweeping up, removing all rubbish and then mopping floors.
There should be another clean called the final clean (some firms may call it another name). This is a complete wash off all tiling, sanitary ware, polish of skirtings, tops of doors and frames, tops of kitchen units, inside and under units, drawers, re-check for paint incase touching-up has been done since last time, clean window frames (polish up) and open windows and doors and clean hinges and window openings. Hoover carpets and clean floors. Externally clean windows and frames, fascias, soffits, downpipes, clean garage doors, meter boxes, basically everything.
There should be two Sparkle Cleans one after the final when the client is due to view or when the house is being handed over, the second prior to moving in. This in reality is another going over to check all is okay eg. if the painter or any trade has been in and made a mess, you need to find it! So a redust over of skirtings, polish up all the kitchen and bathroom fittings, hoover and wash floors. Our spec for sparkle is dust, hoover and wash floors but if that was all we did it would look a mess!
Each firm should supply you with a spec sheet, this is your bible. Be prepared for trades to be working alongside yourselves, so you may not be able to complete the clean with one visit.
Sorry to go on, hope it helps!
regards

Spencer29

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 07:48:48 pm »
many thanks, that helps a lot.

ellejay

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 06:38:08 pm »
realy good advice many thanks
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.
I am woman, I am invincible, I am Tired.