Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

karygate

gutter cleaning with pressure lance
« on: February 15, 2008, 07:56:03 pm »
has anyone done this with the telescopic pole and how did it do .
gary

drive surgeon

Re: gutter cleaning with pressure lance
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 08:36:13 pm »
i tried it but all the crap was just flying everywhere, a vac would be better.

steve doyle

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 11:53:34 pm »
ive done it a few times, its hard work holding on, you need to be strong and have a practice away from any glass!

trick is, start at one end (drain pipe) and work to the other end and then blast it out of that closed end, hopefuly the neighbours dont have a conservatory!!!!Then rinse walls/floor down.

keep your machine on very low pressure for your first go.

Alternatively find a window cleaner who will do those jobs for you and take a cut.

karygate

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 01:20:36 pm »
thanks steve will let you know how we get on . how much do you think we should charge.
gary

steve doyle

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 09:58:11 pm »
I am in the north and i charged 30-45 on the few i did (detached, 3-6 gutters), spent 20mins-40mins on each. Are you doing other work their or just gutters? I will do alittle cheaper as an add  on if im doing the drive etc and i sell the idea to them, if they phone me, its normal price. Supply and demand!

I guess it depends on where you are and whats acceptable, I also spent 2 hours doing a bungalow manually and charged £60.

I think add ons (up selling) are often overlooked in business, if you can add gutters to 1/4 of your jobs every month (assuming you have the time) you can add a few hundred quid a month you didnt have. Same for drains, algaecide wash etc. Over a year it could be a grand or 2. Again I will upsell products a little cheaper than normal as a hook and hopefully build customer awareness and the likely hood of repeat work.

hth
steve

karygate

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 01:05:30 pm »
we do water fed window cleaning but have bought a pressure washer,flat surface cleaner and telescopic pole to add these services to our business . are only a small business not looking to make a fortune just provide a full service to our growing customer base . any help at all would be great .thanks
gary

servicecleaningman

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 10:24:49 pm »
Hi steve
 Can you tell me from one of you messages you mensioned
algaecide wash !! never herd of it.
What does this in tale ?

Cheers
Chris

steve doyle

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 11:05:57 pm »
Nothing very exciting!

Its something that you can spray on flags pavers etc which kills algae.You can include it at the begining of your clean  (30 mins-1 hr b4) as a spray on to help the cleaning process but its best use i have found is after cleaning. Spray on dry areas using pressure sprayer (not all surfaces) , it kills any remaining algae and inhibits future growth. I dont charge alot but its a nice little extra and usually enough to cover fuel etc.

hth

steve

karygate

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 07:59:10 am »
where would you get algecide from
gary

steve doyle

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 12:48:44 pm »
best finding it on tinterweb,

I have a place in manchester i just collect from.

drive surgeon

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 04:44:27 pm »
did you sort it?