Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Rochester

Calculating consumable usage
« on: March 04, 2008, 07:25:25 am »
Does anyone have a formula for calculating how many loo rolls, soap, hand towels etc a normal office would be expected to use on a monthly basis?

I know the numbers of staff and the male /female split, I just need to work out how to budget for the expected usage.

Gerry Styles

Re: Calculating consumable usage
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 12:40:07 pm »
I have an office 65 staff mon-fri, we use 2 toilet tissue cubes per closet and 2 hand towels per day. we use liquid soap 5 litre per month
Premier Klean Limited

Paul Kettless

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 01:26:19 pm »
lol - when I started to read this thread, thought you had said that you use 2 toilet rolls a week for 65 people ;D ;D
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

Ian Rochester

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 04:39:21 pm »
Gerry,

This is the same size as we are looking at:

65 staff (currently 40 female, 25 male)
4 male cubicles
4 urinals
6 female cubicles
1 disabled

We are not using hand towels as they are all being fitted with Dyson Blades,

I need to supply eco toilet rolls, tissues, dispensers, eco soap and dispensers.

Where do you get your supplies from and what sort of price are you paying.

I need to get a proposal submitted with a total annual price in by Thursday. :-\

Fox

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 07:49:23 am »
Lionheart

Are you quoting for the cleaning on this also?  You should never give a price including consumables it could leave you well out of pocket.  Try to put in costings for each product instead so tell them for instance - Mini jumbo x 120mtr x 12 = £14.75 or what ever and tell them you will stock take, replace and invoice as appropriate, sell this to them by telling them it will mean they are paying on actual usage and not estimates, which may save them money and they will not be held into a three year contract on consumables.

If you really have to go ahead with the consumable pricing like it is it is estimated that each member of staff would use the washroom approx 5 times per day, females would obviously use more than males so work it out on this (average use five sheets of paper each time).  Charge your dispensers out at cost plus fitting on a contract period (as long as they buy materials for so long they get to keep them) or rent them out (they will be free for the length of time they buy your consumables for).

But really please think again and don't quote on expected usage.

Fox

Gerry Styles

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 08:25:55 am »
I get my consumables from a local janitorial supplier, delivered every month. Fox is right quote consumables seperatley and charge on as supplied basis.
Premier Klean Limited

Ian Rochester

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 07:31:59 pm »
I did ask them about quoting for consumables separatly but they wanted a total package price, and just to confuse matters more they have to be eco friendly loo rolls and soaps!!!

The price had to be in this morning, I'll let you know how I get on.