Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.Acorn

Re: Anyone had this call??
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 12:14:46 pm »
Had another one this morning,from the national carpet cleaners register supposedly.A vacancy has arisen for a carpet cleaner in your area.Just looked on the net and there is no national carpet cleaners register that i can see,so not sure how all thease millions of customers will find me.sure they had a loop of office noise on in the background..Put the phone down on him then he called back saying there is a prob with my phone,to which i replied no there isn`t and put it down again !
Lesson i am learning is not to answer withheld no`s
What goes around comes around

MCS

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 01:22:52 pm »
I havent had this call yet so im thankful for Andy taking the time to put it up here.

maxcarpets

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 01:30:01 pm »
I've had all of the above calls!

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 07:05:02 pm »
After 30 years in the business I have had a fair share of these types.
Early on I fell for one and parted with 50 quid, only to find the ads chucked out the back of the shopping centre. I risked a court case not paying any more but called their bluff with a photo.

Basically only pay for advertising that YOU have enquired about. Stay with the recognised media, always look in customers homes to see which directory, if any, that they have. Some areas are good for Yellow Pages, some for Thompsons. Round here Thompsons is US. Estate agents etc. calendars are a nono.
ALWAYS ask the customer where they found you. Keep a note on your enquiry form and look at this monthly to see whats working and dump that which aint.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Les

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 07:00:17 pm »

I must be getting more cynical these days, but If I ever hear more than one voice talking at the other end of the phone, (i.e. a blo@*dy call centre), I give them the Dragons Den approach and just say "I'm out"  >:( just before I cut them off  :o

Les