Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dick

Youngmans Trade Ladder
« on: February 17, 2008, 03:50:31 pm »
Has anyone had/got these ladders? They recently started to creak a lot and seem to have a lot of lateral movement which has made me feel unsafe. 
I bought them last October and have today taken them back to the trade warehouse where I bought them from to have them inspected by Youngmans.
I mainly used the sections seperately as I could reach most jobs without having to lug both sections around.
Anyone had a problem with them and do you think I've got a good case for a full refund, bearing in mind I didn't  use them for nearly 6 weeks Dec/Jan, so they've only had 3 months use?

I've had to borrow ladders from a mate as it could take a week for them to inspect.
Any comments please.

xxmattyxx

Re: Youngmans Trade Ladder
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 04:10:53 pm »
Theres been a few unfavourable posts on here regarding Yougmans (hard on your feet, heavy, unreliable regarding strength)

6 months ago I needed a new ladder for work, and looked at a Youngmans and also asked on here about them; funny, as that week I was at a custys house and they had a Youngmans lying on its side down the path, it had a 10°  bend in it along its length!

I bought a Lyte in the end, great ladder.

Matt

Adam Boss

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 08:56:52 pm »
I always use TITAN and have done for many years, an excellent ladder.
EST: 1988

Dick

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 09:27:29 pm »
Where did you get your Titan ladder from?

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 09:31:44 pm »
Youngmans are light, not much else. Though I use a 3m set for low work and they're ok. I treat them with respect though.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk