Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

liahona

Rugs and cleaning.
« on: February 19, 2008, 07:34:21 pm »
I know this was touched on a bit in an earlier post but I thought I would bring it up again.

For the day out in April if anyone wants to bring rugs so that they can be cleaned then that is fine.  However make sure they are true Orientals.

I am not saying there will be time to clean all of them if everyone brings one but this way at least some of them can be done.  You will  of course have to dry them when you take them home.

Also I can get Persian and Afghan rugs for £30.  They are quite small but would give you all you need to practice anything you needed to practice.

Be it remedial works or the trying out of chemicals and of course submersion or saturation cleaning.  The Persians have white fringes and the Afghans, well dont.

If you want larger rugs then let me know but they will of course cost more.

Isfahans starting at £2000 and Turkmenistans at £500

Just kidding, but seriously if you do want some, let me know the size and make/stlye/country and I will see what I can source.

Anything specific that you may want covering on the day then can you also let me know.  E-mail or on here or through Pete, doesnt matter.

Best, Dave.

lands

Re: Rugs and cleaning.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 07:49:13 pm »
How much for an 8 x 4 footer Dave?

liahona

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 07:55:10 pm »
Pete, knuckle-head.  8 x 4 what?

At least narrow it down a little.

If its the best deal for an 8 x 4 on limited funds I will find out what I can get.  I will be there tomorrow so will keep you informed.

Best, Dave.

lands

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 08:24:03 pm »
Sorry. Would like an Ustad made Isfahan (preferably 842 knots psi) not less than 50 years old and have a budget of £50 ;D

Seriously, a not too busy (pattern) Afghan and you can take the "un" out of unlimited in relation to budget.

Pete

*paul_moss

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 08:33:41 pm »
Dave give us a bell if there are any decent offers knocking about.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

liahona

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 08:36:20 pm »
Paul, I will and Pete I did.  I actually corrected it before I saw your post. Sorry.

Best, Dave.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 09:05:33 pm »
Dave

Will you be touching on saturation cleaning of silk rugs?

Mike 

liahona

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 09:39:55 pm »
Mike, yes, but as you clean them the same way as any other "material" not much esle I could show you.

Best, Dave.