Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

Re: CCTV for Guttering Work
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 11:55:57 pm »

Others may disagree with the above but I have been interested in cameras for many years and built my very first pole system for low level aerial photography and have spent thousands of pounds on Rollieflex's, Leica's, Nikons.
A pro photographer could buy a very decent camera for a few hundred pounds so why do they choose a Nikon costing £3,000.00 to £5000.00

very true, but if your only looking at gutters, you dont need the higher end prices

jeff1

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 12:25:13 am »
Hi Jeff
We have actually upgraded the specification now it can be seen on
http://www.omni-guttervac.com/guttervac_system.html
In fact we have upgraded again since this new site was put up to minimum of 30gb hard drive DVR.
I agree what you are saying with regard to building a more inexpensive unit and I am constantly looking at these issues.  I am trialing  a 2GB unit with a fixed camera at the moment which would be very suitable for smaller operations.

Our complete camera system is £800.00 which based on the very high specification is I believe very resonably priced.

Others may disagree with the above but I have been interested in cameras for many years and built my very first pole system for low level aerial photography and have spent thousands of pounds on Rollieflex's, Leica's, Nikons.
A pro photographer could buy a very decent camera for a few hundred pounds so why do they choose a Nikon costing £3,000.00 to £5000.00
Thanks Glyn
I did read the better spec one and I do admit it is value for money, the reason I know this, is I spent 15 years as a security engineer installing all sorts of cctv systems all over the country and in military installations, even up to microwave level, so I do know good specs when I see them.

Again for guttering work you could lower your spec and reduce the price accordingly, although your 2 GB would be within my price range, I know its out of range for a lot of one man bands who would love a little cctv system for there guttering work, after all its not a necessity for us, its just another tool in our box.
I'm almost 99% sure that omnipole could do a lower range cctv system for the one man band.

I have to do a test tomorrow for a guy, he wants me to put the camera onto my wfp system and check what its like doing windows with, I know I have to deal with shutter speeds and auto-focus along with white balance, but this is just a test run, the guy does some high buildings, if it works out good, I'll tell him, if its rubbish I'll also tell him, it is not for looking into bedroom windows Lol
Who knows it may have a potential for wfp in the future as well as guttering work, I might be knocking on a bit, but I think I'll stick to using my eyes for wfp work, I had enough shocks when I was up my ladder, might be even worse if I had a camera on the end of my brush.

Old_Master

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 12:32:11 am »
Hi Matt
If you want clear resolution in all types of lighting conditions 365 days a year then you require a high specification camera.
What would be the point of having a camera that only has a clear detailed picture of gutter debris on bright sunny days, gutters are a nightmare as they are usually dark and in dull or very bright conditions they would foil most camera systems.
What if If you want to look down into a downpipe or hopper to see a blockage on a dull afternoon. I am sure many on this forum have digital cameras that  require a flash to take a decent photograph or the opposite a lighting flair in the very part of the picture you want most to see like your kids playing ball in the sunshine for example.
 This quality camera detail is exactlly what you pay for in our camera systems.

Old_Master

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 12:35:48 am »
Thanks Jeff
I am taking on board everthing you have said.
Perhaps I will tap your brain in future  with regard to CCTV
Glyn

jeff1

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 12:40:03 am »
Thanks Jeff
I am taking on board everthing you have said.
Perhaps I will tap your brain in future  with regard to CCTV
Glyn
Your most welcome, I'm only to happy to help. ;)

jeff1

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2008, 03:58:49 pm »
I did a test with my cctv  today for a member in spain, who does high commercial work.

I fitted my cctv to my wfp and set it all up to clean my own windows with, I got the boss to go out and clean them ;D while I sat in the warm and watched on the monitor, I must admit I was amazed by what I was watching, the detail was very good, I could see all the water flow, the movement of the brush, I even noticed a bird nugget, so popped my head out the window and informed the Boss to make sure she got it ;D

The up/down movement from the pole had no affect on the camera, it never suffered and jerky motion on the monitor, so all in all I found the system on wfp very good.

Its not the sort of thing I would personally use my self on domestic work, but for any guy's who do commercials on high buildings I would fully recommend its use if you want to see what your doing.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2008, 04:05:57 pm »
During the process I found the fastest way to inspect most of the gutters is a big wing mirror on an adjustable elbow. Its very fast.

I think this is the best idea yet!

jeff1

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2008, 04:07:52 pm »
Alex thats fine if you have good eye sight, I would need a set of binoculars to see the mirror  ;D

poleman

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2008, 10:16:51 pm »
a belive andy has sorted something out with a camera, he was over on the DIY site asking about a pole for it

YES just finished today, and I got all the bits from ebay, I am more than happy with it, I am going to set a min price of 15 pounds but at the moment I cant clean them out as I dont have a vac gutter system, but I am working on that at the moment

The cost of my CCTV gutter inspection systems was just over 100 pounds, yes very good price indeed  :)

Andy

matt

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2008, 10:19:56 pm »
a belive andy has sorted something out with a camera, he was over on the DIY site asking about a pole for it

YES just finished today, and I got all the bits from ebay, I am more than happy with it, I am going to set a min price of 15 pounds but at the moment I cant clean them out as I dont have a vac gutter system, but I am working on that at the moment

The cost of my CCTV gutter inspection systems was just over 100 pounds, yes very good price indeed  :)

Andy

i thought you had, i was concearned i had just dreamt it on a slow day

jeff1

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2008, 10:23:17 pm »

Andy
Did you find you had to get close to the gutters to see well?
I use the gutter lance for my guttering work at least with the lance you can clean the external sections as well, with the vac your only cleaning out the inside, so have a good think about what you need it for.

poleman

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2008, 10:37:32 pm »

Andy
Did you find you had to get close to the gutters to see well?
I use the gutter lance for my guttering work at least with the lance you can clean the external sections as well, with the vac your only cleaning out the inside, so have a good think about what you need it for.

Hi Jeff it worked fine, I would like to test it on a dull day with poor light, I have tried the gutter lance and pressure washer on one job and it was a nightmare spend most of the time clearing up afterwards, but it was over flowing with pine needles

Andy
PS Matt yes you was right  ;)

matt

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2008, 10:58:52 pm »
andy

take some pics and do a bit of a post on what you brought over on the DIY site, im sure people would be interested ;)

jeff1

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2008, 11:05:45 pm »
Andy
I bought the colour system with infra-red, so on a dull day and if ambient light allows,  the infra-red lights will come on.

Do you have any photo's of your system up and runing? I'll try to get some of mine next week and stick them on matt's site as well.