Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rob fryer

cfr pump problems
« on: February 08, 2008, 08:12:39 pm »
has anybody ever had to prime a cfr 400 ,pump makes noise but no pressure.
Or has the pump packed up,if so can you buy a service kit!
thanks rob

Joe H

Re: cfr pump problems
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 09:03:49 pm »

Is it a new machine to you?

If its anything like the CFR500, you should have a short piece of solution hose to connect, switch pump on and it should prime.

rob fryer

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 09:45:11 pm »
thanks for your reply ,i bought the machine second hand today no tools or hose looking
a bit sorry for its self , for a grand sum of 30 pounds.
Do you mean the hose thats inside the machine directly connected to the pump with a blanking end
thanks rob

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 10:19:12 pm »
£30 !!!!!
Not conversant with the 400 model, only seen pictures of the new ones.

Im talking about a piece of solution hose about 2' long that connects onto the female solution connector on the outside of the machine. The hose has a male connector one end and other is open ended. This allows the pump to prime itself, expelling air.

rob fryer

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 10:32:24 pm »
yea no where your comin from have one for the ashbys machine. will try in morn
thanks rob.ps is the wonder wand as good as they say as its quite pricey.

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 10:47:17 pm »
I find the Wonderwand wonderful.
I know its expensive but I think its worth it.
Why not advertise in the Buy/Sell section on here - see if any one has one 2nd hand (some people dont like them - thats life).
If the machine has been stood not working for some time there will be air in the system. Should only take seconds to prime.
£30 - how come so ridiculously cheap. and what did you get for £30

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 07:24:36 am »
if  you bought it for £30 then give it a good clean out, it could have been stood for ages and crap solidified in the pipes

I'd fill the machine, then loosen the hose that leads into the pump, see if water flows freely out, then you'll know if the pump is getting a supply or water, then loosen the exit connection of the pump( this end will have a high pressure crimped fitting) wrap a towel round it then turn the pump on, if water spurts out you know the pumps OK.

its just a process of elimination.

The CFR I worked on had a cat pump, which if it is knackered you might just need a seal kit, which you can buy from Cat( search google for 'cat pumps'
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

rob fryer

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 09:59:24 am »
Thanks for your advice, going to stip down pump now and change the motor as the plastic on the top has cracked and i've got a spare one.
the machine is looking in good order  i have taken the grapics of the machine because they were scuffed and will replace them with my company logo and phone no.
What i bought for  £30.00 was just the machine no hose or wands but i think even a none working machine is worth a punt at that price

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 03:44:33 pm »
There are 2 CFR400 on ebay at the moment - both around £900.
Get yours working for not a lot of money and you have a bargain.
Wonderwand and hoses going to set you backa bit though. (try Cleansmart in Nottingham for the w/wand)
Might have some 1.5" suction hose to sell - 50' - interested.

rob fryer

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 04:10:20 pm »
yes interested in hose email me at rob@cscleanup.com.
have fitted new vac motor today & stripped down the pump i think it needs new valves & seals but apart from that its fine.

rob

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 08:25:07 pm »
You have mail