Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Re: does anyone run a system out of a pickup/4x4?
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2008, 11:56:07 pm »
i was slighlty weaned off the idea for a while, but youve started me of again lol

ronaldo

« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2008, 08:28:32 am »
I have used a Toyota hilux double cab for years for work, i used to have a big tank in the back but changed from having a van mount to using backpacks as we found them quicker on our round, so we just load the barrels in every night when we get home, and when we go fishing we get 5 of us in it all with seat bealts on and all the gear in the back and the front remains spotless ! try doing that in a small van. ;D
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

bassjamm

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2008, 09:55:33 am »
Ronaldo...How much water can you carry then using the backpack?  As in, total water capacity in the back, and on your back?  And may i ask how long the amount of water lasts you?

Thanks

ronaldo

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2008, 04:09:24 pm »
Ronaldo...How much water can you carry then using the backpack?  As in, total water capacity in the back, and on your back?  And may i ask how long the amount of water lasts you?

Thanks

I carry 300 ltrs in barrels but on average only use about 150 ltrs a day, and the back pack i just fill it to the brim pick it up and carry it, place it down so i can do all the windows without moving it, then carry it round the back and do the same again.

bassjamm

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2008, 05:19:02 pm »
I carry 300 ltrs in barrels but on average only use about 150 ltrs a day, and the back pack i just fill it to the brim pick it up and carry it, place it down so i can do all the windows without moving it, then carry it round the back and do the same again.

Do you find that it's more economical on water then?  I carry 500 litres at the moment, and that isn't enough really, and i work on my own!  Surely using the backpack slows you down though?

I'm quite keen about this pick-up thing though!!!

ronaldo

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2008, 05:38:53 pm »
That all depends on how high your varistream is set or how much you rinse, i could carry a 1000 ltrs if i wanted too but like i said i only use around 150 ltrs a day on average, dont get me wrong somedays i will use it all but not very often.

bassjamm

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2008, 07:26:07 pm »
My regulator is on about 1.5 so about 1/5th of full!  And i'm starting to rinse less, but still, i know a number of local guys, i have the lowest regulation, and tend to use a bit more water than them all...but no of them use less than about 400 a day at the very least, most go through about 450-500!!!  Based on a full day of course!

If i could get away with 300 litres though then i'd be laughing!!

ronaldo

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2008, 07:38:48 pm »
If i was using 4 to 500 litrs a day i,d be a very rich man   :o

LWC

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2008, 07:03:50 am »
oh dear me, i went to a local dealers today because they had a older shape l200, had a look round it and it was tipping it down. then a lady sales person come out and shes like oh your looking at the l200, i was like erm yeh. come inside for a minute, and i had a sit and a look around the brand new one lol! was offered a test drive and everything. i really do like the new ones now. so nice inside! and the boot space in them are much wider than the older l200's, at least thats what she said, and to be fair they looked it.

i was like, "tanks here, poles up here...lol"

o o o, and on the warrior...pricey...but, the rear window comes down. so...nice tank about half way up, put the poles straight through. id have one with the back on, they do actually do some nice backs on them.

i came out with a nice shiney brochure and a wanting for a brand new one

but...possibly too nice for work?

D woods

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2008, 09:51:40 am »
Why dont you have a look at my one 06 plate . I will be selling it from March 1st.

bassjamm

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2008, 10:32:45 pm »
The L200's are pretty awesome...but having done some research into them all, i figured the Navara is the most practical, and best value for money.

Firstly, you have a higher load bay, it's 45cm compaired to the L200's 40cm.  Then it's got a greater standard spec...more bhp, more mod cons, roughly same mpg, slighter bigger all round, including the cab (better for taller people)...and it also looks mean!!!

I guess it's personal taste, and i'm not knocking the L200 at all, i personal think a Navara would be a better option for work!!!