Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Gas tap
« on: February 04, 2008, 09:50:32 pm »
Someone posted on here that you could get pole hose taps from B&Q with the inserts (pipe stiffeners). Thank you that man i've bought three - the kids might get shoes by the end of the month (but not if Alex's pole comes out before then).

d s windowcleaning

Re: Gas tap
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 10:47:11 pm »
i take it you found them then  :)
where theres muck theres money

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 11:24:58 pm »
Yep, couldn't find the brass ones, just the normal type - five pound something. Was it you? Well done if it was. :)

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 11:34:22 pm »
Yeh, I use these.  But I find them awkward to fit or replace.  I am considering fitting a 6mm barb on each end for easier fitting to the hose.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Pole2pole

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 07:33:19 am »
That man was me  ;D I'm bowing to all the ruptuous applause  ;) Or was it Dave? A bit of both me thinks. Seriously,glad ya found some.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 02:33:02 pm »
Whoever it was has saved me a small fortune. They are dead easy to change with the inserts, about half price of suppliers if you go to B&Q 'cos there's no stinging VAT or postage to slap on top.  ;)

Pole2pole

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 02:51:14 pm »
Did ya get the ones i posted??????? If so,how much did ya pay? And did ya get the inserts? Glad ya happy. I've had mive about 6 months and they don't look close to giving up on me.

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 03:11:24 pm »
Got the inserts easy peasy couldn't find the tap you posted so bought three the same as Alex sells. Funny thing is i've been looking for ages to find some and never saw them in there before. The only problem i get with those taps is when they get dropped and they chip a bit off the tap so you can't always get the flow to stop in the right place. But at less than six quid i'm not too bothered. :)

Pole2pole

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 03:24:23 pm »
That's the beauty of the brass ones. You could drop them off the grand canyon and they'd still come back for more. They make pepperami's look like look like big girls blouses,i tell ya :)

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 03:26:29 pm »
if you have a decent plumbing or hose center near you you can get speed fit ball valves where you dont need inserts just push your hose in and a grab ring holds the hose once youve done your work just disconnect . all my poles are fitted with these . but the ones you got a b&q still do the job  ;D
where theres muck theres money