Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave0123

Re: trolley
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 09:13:10 pm »
dai,

do you have  a varistream? what setting do you have it on?

am on first cleans using barrel like there going out of fasion:P 50 literes over 2 hours!! i carnt wait when i can get round a house with one lol.
Dave.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 09:29:19 pm »
dave dont skimp on water specially on first cleans after you have been round about 3 times you will find you are using less water.I have varistream at 1 oclock upstairs 12oclock downstairs.I carry 15 barrels and so far thats always been more than enough but you do use a lot more to begin with.

dave0123

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 09:34:47 pm »
im not skimping!! well i dont think so anyway.

have mine set at 1 oclock seems to be ok some spots here and there which i re do the window.

havent fully started using it yet anyway am behind with work so gettin up2 date before going out every day with the trolley then il take my time and make sure every window is 100%
Dave.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 09:40:30 pm »
all i meant was dont worry too much about the amount you are using, it does seem like a lot at the beginning but will decrease eventually ;D

NBwcs

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 09:41:34 pm »
Shammy, What tends to happen when you get a trolly is that you adjust your round to suit it. After a few  months you can use whatever method is quickest for each seneario. When I first got mine I had a couple of properties where I was itching to wfp all the windows because my hourly rate wasnt what I wanted it to be. To my dismay,it actually got worse doing the downstairs as not only does it take time to change the barrells over but the extra water being used meant I was having to go home and refill. Ive now got to a stage where I can organise my day to make sure I dont need to return home. Most props I wfp the top only but a few I do it all. IMO, trollys are ideal for tops only but not the answer if your looking to wfp the lot. Ive still managed to do 15% more turnover in the same time as used to trad the upstairs so still a very worthwile buy from a money point of view but of course the real success story is that its cut down on my ladder use drastically which is really whats its all about. As already mentioned, the ideal situation is to have both van mount and trolly. A trolly will still come in extremely handy, ive looked at my own books and reckon that even when I do get a van, I,ll still be using the trolly on about 25% of the work because Its the simplist option on several of the houses I do.

dave0123

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2008, 09:46:34 pm »
Thanks thorpe ;)
Dave.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 04:45:07 pm »
i have a thousand ltr thermo just waiting to be mounted ,but by the sounds of things it wont be worth taking round my domestic work .............
so i know a bout the whr ive been in this game twenty years but its down to time is money my old mates how much would you recon it would take a say 3 ton lwb sprinter round the estates with you mind fuel prices and parking a big van ,i was thinking of putting in a garage set up and running the vito and astra from there with tanks in each still a lot of put out just to clean a few estates dont you think  i aint knocking wfp in anyway just but it aint all gold linned is it ,,,,,,,,,,,esp in estate work keeping four guys going  ,,,,

dai

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 07:20:43 pm »
 dai,

do you have  a varistream? what setting do you have it on?

am on first cleans using barrel like there going out of fasion:P 50 literes over 2 hours!! i carnt wait when i can get round a house with one lol.

Dave ,I do have a Varistream, I also have 25 metres of micro bore on a built on hose reel.
It's no good me telling you what setting is best for the Varistream, the settings will vary according to your system. I can tell you that I use 2mm pencil jets, and the water squirts out about 3 ft before it starts dropping. My Varistream settings are all over the place anyway, some times the pump goes faster when I turn it down, and slower when I turn it up, sometimes I can squirt 10 ft jets and other times the pump will start cycling when it's only squirting 4 ft. I usually set it in the morning and keep to that setting all day. Sometimes it won't keep to a setting and requires further tinkering to get the flow right. At least with the backpack settings they stay constant, my Varistream has a mind of it's own. Dai