Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spots
« on: February 01, 2008, 07:18:18 pm »
 Had a first clean today and really went to town on it, twice round with loads of water plenty of flow. I've been doing this for a year now so i knew it would be perfect. Went round to collect tonight and there's a run of spots the whole length of one pane at least. Must have dribbled down after i had gone. You can never be 100% sure with this system. Collected from another and that was dreadful in artificial light - the whole pane must have been sprayed with a hosepipe in the past. Couldn't see it in daylight when i did it and thats a third clean too.

drevitt

Re: Spots
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 08:00:47 pm »
maybe the wind hasn't helped, i have heard it can make spotting occour even on windows that normally dont. I know some of mine have needed wiping over today once dried!!! and there are some houses I still do trad as they always spot! did your customer notice ?

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 08:08:19 pm »
I'm too honest for my own good, i saw them and told her i would come back and re-do that window - i want it right.

Tim Rose

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 08:13:26 pm »
You're not too honet.  IMO, you can't be too honest in this game.

If you are straight with custys you will be rewarded.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 08:14:46 pm »
Maybe because we are looking for spots from a perfectionist point of view - we find them. !
If you do have to go back for problem windows rain guarantee etc dont fall into the trap of re-doing all the glass, just the odd problem ones. You may find that the one window will forever give you probs because of a coating or polish, maybe just quicker to give it a quick blade after wfp-without any detailing.

cat9921

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 08:24:29 pm »
Three is not the magic number :'(

When I first started Reach and wash I used to think After three cleans it will be perfect...

You are right about a lot of water on a first clean.But this is what I do

First do all the frams Tops and down, Then just rub the glass...... Leave it for as long as possible if you can go and do another house, Then go back and do just the windows,,This way will prevent a lot of spotting...

I say to all my customers it will take three cleans..

On the first clean dont worry about spots (you will get them)

On the second I say to the customer that I will go back and check..... Now on the second clean they should come up good, If not then I have found that they will always spot a little

The third clean you should know what windows that do this.. So clean accordingly If the bottoms spot blade off and if the tops spot Then use ladders on this one or try to find out whats causing the spots and dont put the brush near the top frame (thats what causes a lot of spots to run out )...

;)