Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Aspects

Pricing builders cleans
« on: January 31, 2008, 01:38:36 pm »
I have a school to quote for builders clean both inside and out i have never quoted such a large clean before and would really like to get the job as it is a large contractor that has the job of doing the whole builders clean and this could lead to much more work but dont want to go in too cheap and regret it or go to high and lose it so what would you recommend as to pricing day rate or price per job and hope its easier and quicker than the usual builders clean
I have been on site and the windows suprisingly are only dusty and on the insides their are a few labels
Any advise would be great

Dean

Dean Aspects

Re: Pricing builders cleans
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 01:55:10 pm »
A couple of pics to give an idea of size

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 01:59:02 pm »
looks like they have stripped them for you already. Problem i can see is the whole buildings rendered so frames could be covered. To be honest i charge a day rate when i comes to b/cleans as you never know just how long they will take. Another problems could be access as ground works not finshed, On the plus side from the pics they look better then most.
P&R Window Cleaning

Dean Aspects

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 02:02:55 pm »
Thanks mate
I have spoken to the site manager and he says they will be off site by the 15th of Feb and the cleaning contractor needs to be finished in 4 weeks from today so i can do them once all building work is finished

Dean

zeusjazmin

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 03:36:51 pm »
in my experience a builders clean can turn into along slog,continally changing water cos thee is cement everywere,price as high as you can because there is nothing worse than thinking the job will take a couple
of hors only to find it takes 5 times longer

bluez

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 04:13:25 pm »
Builders cleans you just never know how they will work out, looks nice and clean from the builder, Price it based on time and double it!! looks like two men for a week to me, from the photos.
hi

Pat Purcell

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 04:21:56 pm »
Builders cleans you just never know how they will work out, looks nice and clean from the builder, Price it based on time and double it!! looks like two men for a week to me, from the photos.
Are you talking about the windows or a complete builders clean ???
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

bluez

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 04:24:57 pm »
I'm talking about the windows Pat.
hi

Gordon Saunders

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 08:24:14 pm »
 i I find builders cleans very difficult to price accurately as you never know quite how log its going to take  .
  What i  do is visit the site and clean a small section of the dirtiest windows (prehaps a door and 2 windows, 1 down 1 up ) if you time yourself you can use that to work out how long the whole job will take then use your hrly rate to arrive at a price. it does seem a bit strange cleaning windows as you price the job but on big first cleans like this it pays to get a accurate assesment of the time involved
  hope this helps
   Gordon

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 11:12:11 pm »
Break the job down into sections of a size that you're comfortable quoting, and take your time pricing them. When you're done, add them all together,... THEN DOUBLE THE FIGURE!!!

Builders cleans always take longer than you'd expect, and its much harder work than standard window cleaning, so should yield a higher hourly rate IMO.