Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: My feet are killing me!!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2008, 05:51:10 pm »
Thanks again guys for all your comments. Sounds like i need to invest in some decent shoes & hope that the pain eases with time.
hate to say this but only way for that to stop quickly is to stay off your feet, trainers like nike air max (that have the air as a cusion) works for me, even got my dad a pair as he just works works works and saw him at xmas hobberling along

Paul Coleman

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2008, 05:54:30 pm »
Have been wc trad now for just over a year and the last couple of months the soles of my feet have started to hurt really bad. It feels like they are bruised all over & when i first walk on them in the morning i'm like an old man. My doctor says its due to my change in jobs as i'm now on my feet all day & used to have an office job. Says I will need to experiment with different shoes. Has anybody else had this problem & how have  they overcome it. ???

I thgink my body just adapted in the end.  One thing that was important for me was not to use ladders that had rungs that were too narrow.  Another thing is to have thick soles on your footwear - taking care to use slip resistant footwear.  If you have a bucket on a belt so keeping your hands free when you climb, it may help to partly pull yourself up too - taking a bit of strain off your feet.

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 05:56:29 pm »
Yep go wfp and welcome to the world of neck ache and shoulder ache and exploding biceps. ;D
you love it really  ;)

G Griffin

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 05:56:58 pm »
"Wash your feet every day".  :o
  There`s no need for that  ;D.

Gerry.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

philboy

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 07:07:14 am »
I'm amazed at how many of you guys have foot problems! I've worked standing up all day for 14 years, I play footy twice a week and go for a run twice a week, I've broken my left foot 2 times.  I'm 6ft tall and sixteen stone so not what you'd call "light on ya feet" but never so much as a twinge. I where standard Adidas trainers or CAT steel toe caps. I would suggest that you either seek medical advice or try reflexology!

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 09:46:55 am »
When you get into your fifties this may change.

You might have small feet, then the leverage forces wouldn't be so great. One of the things that can contribute is pad of cushioning fat you are supposed to have under your heel. This thins as you get older and everything else gets less elastic too.
I'm sure if you did sets of sprints or star jumps on and off a bench even you would hurt the next day.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 10:00:21 am »
I'm amazed at how many of you guys have foot problems! I've worked standing up all day for 14 years, I play footy twice a week and go for a run twice a week, I've broken my left foot 2 times.  I'm 6ft tall and sixteen stone so not what you'd call "light on ya feet" but never so much as a twinge. I where standard Adidas trainers or CAT steel toe caps. I would suggest that you either seek medical advice or try reflexology!

How old are you Phil?