Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ollie

back up computer!!
« on: January 18, 2008, 04:43:49 pm »
My computer decided to give up the ghost about two months ago and im only just back online! i just wanted to warn anyone who doesnt back up databases etc not to risk it!! I have lost all my promotional letters etc all my pics of jobs ive done and my customer database...i managed to retrieve 77 names and adresses and have been through all my old diarys for the rest.,but ive never kept the tidiests of diarys  >:(  Best of all though ive lost about £150 worth of songs from itunes which ive found out you can not redownload  :'(     I know most of you probably do back up but if there are any idiots like me who dont....DO NOT RISK IT!!
ollie

Joe H

Re: back up computer!!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 06:40:40 pm »
and just think ..... you can get 4gb memory stick for about £20

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 08:23:19 pm »
olli what happend to it, if you havent reformatted the hard drive you may be able to do some data recovery.
Aidan
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 10:06:10 pm »
hi there

we carry a back up on a laptop away from the office,  running microsoft groove, so whenever work is done either in the offiice, away from the office, on any of the computers, all the info is synchronised, and copies on all machines.

regards

martin

ollie

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 10:28:53 pm »
Aidan ..I havent got a clue what happened but I think my daughter (who is only with me at weekends so I dont want to blame her!!) downloaded something or did something?? however apparently all my data has been " irretrieveably lost" according to my local "expert" he managed to get certain data back for me but not all, I think my daughter  had tried to rectify what she had done because the windows recovery disc was in the cdrom
regards Ollie
ollie

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 09:44:14 am »
Hi Olli, if that is the case, the data can be retreived, but you dont want to know the costs, ie 5K plus if your drive has been re-formatted, or restored.  Bad news Im afraid.
Aidan
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 06:44:49 pm »
Ollie

Check out http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ under download Limewire is good should save you a few bob   ;D also look under backup/recovery.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

ollie

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 09:44:07 am »
thanks len  :)
ollie

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 01:17:05 pm »
When I used to repair computers, Limewire was a big source of problems. Maybe its changed, hope so!

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 03:06:01 pm »
Ollie

Not a problem

Joe

I’m always repairing family computers lost data etc bit like carpet cleaning advise falls on deaf ears (but to be fair on wife side mutton jeff but can lip read)

Never had a problem with LW only today recommended them advised them not to upgrade, don’t what happens if you did but was advised not too!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 06:54:07 pm »
Ollie if you trust me I can have a go at getting your data back. You would need to send me your hard disk where I have some top software to have a go at getting it back for you. If your interested you can mail me at deepreduk@hotmail.com
John