Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

making some new cards, help please
« on: January 21, 2008, 06:57:45 pm »
im making some new cards for my customers

ive been very soft with my customers with payments, being like, leave it till next time so on so forth, but its now taking the mick. outstanding payments are everywhere, and people are just not sending the payments

i want to put something on my cards, "payment due in 14 days or..."

this sort of thing, what have any of you put or will you?

i have ALOT of money out standing

LWC

Re: making some new cards, help please
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 07:15:21 pm »
sorry the ones i put through with my sae's

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 07:24:44 pm »
sorry the ones i put through with my sae's
1, I would never use SAE (please dont say you put a stamp on it)
2, I give them 48 hours to send the payment, well that what is on the card, if they have not paid in full within 21 days they are charged £2.50 late payment charge for every 21 days the payment is late.

they may not like it but they all bar one (that is getting cancelled as soon as payment is made) but I get paid on time every month.

some say this is harsh, I tend to think like this, we run a business we do the work and we should be paid ontime. (try doing that to other business you get services from and you are charged £12 up if late

works for me  ;)
Ian

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 07:25:09 pm »
Some would suggest late payment penalty - if you wish you could make up terms & conditiions with this spelt out. Never done that, but never let it mount up either. Would not accept "Could we pay you next time?" - you can clearly now see why.

I still collect . One benefit of that is I can chase them up if needs be. I think it's often they just don't get around to sending it - even if you leave envelopes.

Hope you can get them paying better.

(Nobody else would let them pay next time - not without interest anyway)

Peter

Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

LWC

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 07:35:07 pm »
yes i do put a stamp on em, i live about 20 miles from all my work, no way am i going out collecting when they could be out

they have been good so far, just lately it hasnt been good

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 07:42:10 pm »
yes i do put a stamp on em, i live about 20 miles from all my work, no way am i going out collecting when they could be out

they have been good so far, just lately it hasnt been good
LWC,

my rounds are 5 miles 25 miles 35 miles and 0 from where I start, I have never given a stamp ever, I am not knocking you in anyway as many do this, an expense IMO that is not needed.

johnny_h

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 07:46:14 pm »
i leave an sae i dont see how you could enforce a late payment charge people would either ignore it or dump you
AUDI VIDE TACE

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 08:17:26 pm »
I've left several sae even stamped ones but some of my customers are either too thick to realise what it's for, too lazy to post it or just craftyand hold money back. I have one customer who sacked her last windowcleaner because he left an envelope. It's a funny old game and you can't always read your customers - they are all different, i have another who bins my printed envelope and writes her own out every time (late) ???

LWC

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 08:25:50 pm »
ive just made a card with this on the back nice and clear

Payment Details

It couldn’t be simpler to send payment, just pop a cheque in the SAE and post.

Cheques made payable to M SAXON.

Payment must be sent within 14 days.

If payment is not received within in 30 days of clean then a late fee of £2.50 will be added to the bill.

i think thats fair, and hopefully will urge them to pay on time, if not, quids in for me, lol

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 08:38:17 pm »
Sounds good - lets hope it works.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk