Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*paul_moss

Did you know this
« on: January 18, 2008, 02:47:46 pm »
On truckmounters one of the guys has been done for speeding in his lwb high roof vivaro doing 63 in a 60, :o when he looked into it he finds that he was actually doing 13mph over the limit not 3mph over.
Apparently any van/vehicle over 2 tonne  can only do 50 in a 60 limit.

The maximum speeds permitted in vans over 2 tonnes maximum laden weight & under 7.5 tonnes maximum laden weight are as follows;

Built up areas 30mph
single carriageways 50mph
dual carriageways 60mph
motorways 70mph

Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Re: Did you know this
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 02:51:37 pm »
How fast can i travel in Expert van carrying two portables  ;)

*paul_moss

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 03:00:12 pm »
Chris as fast as you want  :D

Legally though 2 tonnes maximum laden weight & under 7.5 tonnes maximum laden weight
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

lands

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 03:23:26 pm »
How fast can i travel in Expert van carrying two portables  ;)

I'm sure you got a D in the middle of your number plate anyway have'nt you Chris

spencer davies

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 03:35:01 pm »
Experts don't do more than 65 anyway. 

S

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 05:23:15 pm »
Yes, I was aware of the speed limits.

The smallest of the original Dispatch/Expert/Scudo vans is just a few kilo over the 2 tonne limit, so it's 50 on a national single carriageway.

Before this legislation came in it was 40 for any van or truck.

Safe and happy driving :)
Ken

PS

I'll have no problem cruising at 70 on the M1 tomorrow, even 80 if I wanted (1900 non turbo)

If you struggle to get 65 out of a well serviced, correctly loaded Expert/Dispatch, perhaps you need to hone your driving skills ::)
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 05:40:56 pm »
Mine does me okay  ;) :-X

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 09:14:18 pm »
Crikey
Me Transit will easily do 85
The Expert will do 70.....eventually
The kangoo 70 downhill with wind assist

Guess I'd better put signs on the dashboards

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 09:33:51 pm »
Just been handed the DoT sheet for speed limits.
The speed limits mentioned above are correct but when it says laden does that mean what it is ACTUALLY carrying at the time or what it has the CAPABILITIES of carrying if fully laden?

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 09:56:15 pm »
If your van has a maximum laden weight (Gross Vehicle Weight) of over 2 tonnes (2020kg) then you are restricted to lower speed limits on single carriageways and dual carriageways.

If your van or goods vehicle has a maximum laden weight (Gross Vehicle Weight) of over 7.5 tonnes (7500kg) you are also restricted to lower speed limits on motorways.

So it is what it is capable of carrying (gross weight)Neil,if it was based on what the vehicle is carrying at the time it could never be enforced as speed cameras are not able to work out a speeding vehicles weight-yet!  :)-John

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 06:44:25 pm »
Weight I'll tell you all about weight, I know cus I had a summons for being over weight. Not me the van that is.
Paul's half right in what he's say's in his earlier post the bit he forgot to say is if your carrying your max carrying capasity that the vehicle is permitted to carry then you must reduce your speed by 10 mile per hour, i.e if the  speed limit say's 50 then you can only travel at 40 and like wise for all other limits.
It has something to do with the vehicles handling ability whilst carrying its max load . As we all know the van feels different when empty as opposed to fully ladened.

carpet guy

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 07:10:00 pm »
" Something to do with handling " I'm sure you all know the difference in handling, including cornering, overtaking ( or attempting to ) but mostly, braking !

Amusing the speed, or lack of it, in some of these vehicles, my little toy Suzuki has suprising acceleration and is capable of topping 95. Not that I ever exceed the legal limit.

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 07:11:56 pm »
my little toy Suzuki has suprising acceleration and is capable of topping 95.

That's because the air is thinner on your planet. ;)

prodry

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 07:17:22 pm »
my little toy Suzuki has suprising acceleration and is capable of topping 95. Not that I ever exceed the legal limit.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Vs9TN2vdU

Watch this video to the end carpet guy it Richard Hammond testing your van/widow maker.

liahona

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 07:39:29 pm »
So much for the toy Suzuki!!!

carpet guy

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 09:16:42 pm »
Yes I saw the Topgear programme and Yes Mike, I sometimes think that myself, but I'm pretty well grounded.

rob

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 09:30:44 am »
Ken

Thanks for the answer on our size van  That a blow as I thought it was if it was a Car Base Van you could do 60 ,70 etc and lots of Taxi are Experts so that made it OK.

And there I am feeling all supperior sticking to the sixty limit when white van transit or sprinter overtakes me.

I would like to asure everyone the Expert can be made to move.

Think it bit rough as I go through lots of speed cameras at 60 and 70 so like that on the drive to Sheffiekd I would be banned 3 times

Joe H

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 01:16:02 pm »
The Expert/Dispatch/Scudo vans will move quickly IF you have the turbo diesel. Good fuel economy too.

The non-turbo diesel range........ ok when you get to speed but it takes its time getting there, and fuel economy not as good as turbo.

I would love to change from my non-turbo Dispatch but when you normally only working in a 10 mile radius - what the heck! - does it matter if it takes 2 minutes longer to do a journey.