Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sherco

Hard floor/ carpet cleaning
« on: January 19, 2008, 05:13:56 pm »
I'm fairly new to this site, and been doing lots of reading of info from you guys, im going on the prochem hard floor course and the two day carpet cleaning course in the next couple of weeks. Im a tiler by trade and want to get into hard floor cleaning, ceramics stone etc, as i already have a big customer base i thought i could contact customers about cleaning there hardfloors. Then i thought about doing there carpets, so what do you think. What equipment would i need, can you use carpet cleaners to do hard floors, what cost would start me up, i have £3000 budgeted for this. Any advice would be really good.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

sherco

Re: Hard floor/ carpet cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 08:11:48 pm »
26 views and no advice, your a friendly lot  :'(

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 08:29:16 pm »
Sherco

As you are doing both courses with PC am sure they will give you the best advise on equipment needed.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

liahona

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 08:32:44 pm »
sherco, once you have gone on the courses you have mentioned you will or should be able to make your own decision.  Other than that if you have looked on the forum you will find lots of info already gone through and perhaps people dont want to go through it all again,  best, Dave

P.S.  Sorry was replying as Len was too

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 08:53:42 pm »
Regarding machines
I have a CFR500 Pro perfect Heat or sale on here in the Buy & Sell Used Eqiopment (see 15th Jan). Now to include a carpet cleaning wand (all fro £1300), so its a complete set up. Can add a spotter machine as well for a further £75.
Also there is a Hard Surface Spinner for £350 in the same section (see today).
I also have a hard surface wand which would be willing to sell for £150 (virtually new).
Could be a good start for you & well under budget. Take a look at them.
Problem is you are deep South, I'm in Cheshire, spinner is in Leeds.

sherco

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 09:22:16 pm »
Hi Joe, whats the reason for selling theses items

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 09:24:10 pm »
Sherco

Forgot to add if you get any big jobs after training, I also hire equipment hard floor only, side-to-side, strait liner, scrubber drier battery and a burnisher (when I get it back) equipment far superior than the hire shops.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

sherco

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 09:54:47 pm »
Thank Len, sidcup not that far from me.

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 11:00:51 pm »
Reason for selling - main machine is now a Scorpion as supplied by Solutions UK in Cornwall.
Nothing wrong with the CFR, just time to move on, and the Scorpion is considered more powerful.
The "spotter" is a Numatic CTD575, it is a carpet cleaning machine in its own right (and Ive used it to clean many) - but at the low end of  the market. Its fine for upholstery cleaning or as stated as a spotter - the small jobs you need to do but getting the big machine out of your van takes longer then the job.
Can send photos if you wish.