Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

julianbiggs

Window Cleaning Vacancy Notts
« on: January 16, 2008, 06:24:22 pm »
We have a window cleaning vacancy from mid February.

North East Nottinghamshire Newark area.

Full time working 16 days per month, must be flexible

Maximum of one Saturday per month

No Sundays

140 hours per month with option for overtime

5 weeks paid / allocated holidays per year including 2 weeks off at xmas

Experience not essential but is preferrable

Must drive

pay scale between £11800 and £15600 depending on experience.

Minimum age requirement is 18 due to Insurance restrictions

If you or anyone you know are interested please email me at

biggsjul@aol.com

julianbiggs

Re: Window Cleaning Vacancy Notts
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:18:00 pm »
Doesn't anyone know somebody reliable that wants  to fill this exciting opportunity?????

alanwilson

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 11:43:56 pm »
mmm, can't think anyone is going to start for 11800pa (I'm assuming thats pro-rata)

£45.38 a day, ok so there's 5 weeks holidays but even so, its not much for an honest days work.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 11:55:38 pm »
Have you thought about selling your extra work instead?

Tris

supernova77

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 12:10:05 am »
I'm advertising for someone at the moment.

I'm offering £7 per hour + bonuses.

Andy

julianbiggs

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 09:08:55 am »
Granted £11800 is at the bottom end but at £6.48 is still well above minimum wage however the £15600 is £8.57 for working 16 days per month. Having checked out most of the vacancies on the Jobcentre plus website that is very competitive.

mgba_78

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 02:03:04 pm »
mmm, can't think anyone is going to start for 11800pa (I'm assuming thats pro-rata)

£45.38 a day, ok so there's 5 weeks holidays but even so, its not much for an honest days work.

Nope it isn't a pro rata salary, 140 hours per month over 16 days out of 20 as all cleans are 4 weekly, which will average just over 8 hours per day.

We only want to do 16 days as then afer 3 or 4 days of commercial which can be done in the wet we only then need 12 or 13 dry days across the full 20 to complete all our domestic work actually making us turn up on time every month!!

Oooooo that is shiny!!

alanwilson

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 02:58:16 pm »
fair enough I suppose but I've always been a great believer that if you have good staff - reward them, our boys (both part time) get £65 a day (8 hr) which is £8.13an hour with paid holidays but they also get performance related bonuses both on quality and quantity.  I wouldn't even consider taking someone on below £7.50 an hour.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

oasisdweeb

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 02:59:58 pm »
is it trad or wfp
i promise never to cross over to the dark side of the road again.Dont believe the truth.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 05:06:07 pm »
I'm advertising for someone at the moment.

I'm offering £7 per hour + bonuses.

Andy
my son works for me on a commision basis (so the more he does the more he earns) we worked it out on an average day he can earn £18 per hour

why not offer a commision scheme (more insentive for them)
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

julianbiggs

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 06:59:21 pm »
It's 100% traditional working as a team of 3 men ( or women if we employ a woman)

mgba_78

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 08:44:25 pm »
fair enough I suppose but I've always been a great believer that if you have good staff - reward them, our boys (both part time) get £65 a day (8 hr) which is £8.13an hour with paid holidays but they also get performance related bonuses both on quality and quantity.  I wouldn't even consider taking someone on below £7.50 an hour.

If the right person comes along we will have no problem paying top whack, after all pay peanuts get monkey's, but bottom dollar would be for a 18 year old school leaver with no experience.
The reward for our employee will be only working 16 days per 4 weeks AND having 5 weeks paid holiday per year

If an employee worked for me for 1 year they would only work 183 days per year after 5 weeks holiday, where as if they worked the full 20 days for someone else they would work 235 days minus 5 weeks holiday, this is the big selling point for our vacancy and i feel a decent enough "reward" for working for us.
Although working the full 20 day would mean they earnt a lot more money per month that would not fit in with our business plan, as when the hell have we ever had 20 days of dry weather, thats the issue, not enough time to complete all the work we have.

Oooooo that is shiny!!