Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

joe.b

cant make my mind up
« on: January 20, 2008, 02:55:37 pm »
hey everyone ive had a 650 flat tank in my van since ive started but it was a right ball ache so i tried turning it around to how it should be but it doesnt fit by like 2cm so im toying with the idea of a 1000 ibc tank in the back, the van is a renault trafic 1996 swb low top. it will fit fine but after reading all the comments for and against i cant make my mind up, simple thing is i cant afford to buy another tank so i want to get one of these, i wouldnt fill it full obviously, can you bolt them down securly enough?

alanwilson

Re: cant make my mind up
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 03:12:09 pm »
not really, the IBC tanks have too high a centre of gravity, the cage around them isn't strong enough (well it doesn't look like it) and you'd also need to baffle it.

how is the tank a ball ache?
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 03:17:52 pm »
Have you tried fixing ply over the flat tank and securing a fixed reel onto and over this and working throught the side door?

joe.b

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 03:22:03 pm »
the connection from the tank to pump kinks and hits the door and has to be put on a pallet to lift it enough to clear things, the arches get in the way by about 2 cm each side, i was thinking of taking a hammer to the arches a little, what you reckon

nat

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 03:25:46 pm »
sell the van and get a transit  ;D :P

i went from ibcs to a layflats. i would never go back to an ibc. they are no where near as good as the layflats. don't bother!

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 03:29:10 pm »
I have an ibc and think its brill
i can take upto 7oo ltrs if needed
baffled it myself and have never had a problem
Andy