Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jonah

new customers
« on: December 18, 2007, 10:20:29 pm »
I am going to have some flyers printed after xmass and wondered what had worked for you ?

Paul Coleman

Re: new customers
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 02:47:48 am »
I am going to have some flyers printed after xmass and wondered what had worked for you ?

It depends what you mean by "working" really.  Anything above a 0.5% response rate is probably OK.
To increase the chances of reasonable success make sure that your address is on there and a landline number.  Also your full name or company name.  Some sort of relevant picture to draw the eye in.  It may even pay you to use coloured paper to make it stand out from the other stuff that comes thrugh the post box - perhaps yellow.  I haven't tried this myself but I know someone who reckons it increases the number of enquiries.
Also, I'm told by someone in advertising that it is better to make statements on flyers than ask questions.  I'll have to take their word for that.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 06:55:57 am »
yes flyers can work and do work, I use this method, I also do not ever use white paper.

Londoner

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 08:06:13 am »
Make sure you put your full name and address on it as well as your home phone number. It really works because people need to know who you are and that you are basically honest and trustworthy. They have to be sure you are not casing the place for a buglary or that you are some mad axe killer.
I have had so many customers comment on the fact that I do it and thats why they rang me.
Had a leaflet through our door from another window cleaner a couple of months back, it just had "ring Steve and a mobile number". Looked dodgy to me so it would look dodgy to the customer

We use bright orange paper, seems to work best.

supernova77

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 08:21:59 am »
If you want to build up a round quickly then  doorknocking is the best way. You are then meeting people and asking them if they need your services... They are meeting you which also builds trust.

Put leaflets through the doors of people who aren't in and then return in a few days... And, even leave leaflets with people who already have a window cleaner - just incase they are using a "fly-by-night cowboy" at the moment who will only turn up once or twice!

Andy

jonah

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 06:41:21 pm »
Many thanks guys , appreciate your help .