Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

EBAY SWIVEL BRUSH - OVER THE TOP PRICE?
« on: December 15, 2007, 05:10:22 pm »
The person who listed this may well be on here or be someone I speak to regularly!! so I better watch what I say. But I bid on this item last time it was listed. Now it's relisted at £40 with free postage. Bearing in mind this has been listed 3 times already!! Is this a fair price? I was willing to part with £20 and was hoping as the high bidder last time the seller would contact me for a second chance but no  :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wfp-Swivel-brush_W0QQitemZ130183478195QQihZ003QQcategoryZ112579QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Best wishes to him, and if he gets that price he should be very happy. But does anybody else sell these brushes? Luke

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Wayne Thomas

Re: EBAY SWIVEL BRUSH - OVER THE TOP PRICE?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 05:52:14 pm »
Ebay is more expensive than buying directly from the online WFP sites IMO along with all the risks that go with praying the seller is honourable ;D

NWH

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 05:57:36 pm »
If you paid 14-£15 for one of them from a supplier they would still be making loads out of you,i looked on a brush site the other day that had all vikan products on it ie brushes and there dirt cheap,there not a magic WFP brush at the end of the day there just car cleaning brushes.

macmac

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 06:09:11 pm »
That is a MKI swivel mounted on a salmon light (hygenic) brush, or in other words- a Gaz MKI swivel brush.

In short- Absolute S**te! & 40 quid- Absolute joke!
The swivel- not bad
The brush- S**te.

Tony

NWH

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 06:14:31 pm »
You can improve on that swivel brush by trimming the bristles in the middle with a very sharp pair of scissors,it makes the brush even on the glass and also most of the brushes that vikan are churning out these days are all very soft.

macmac

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 09:23:12 pm »
You can improve on that swivel brush by trimming the bristles in the middle with a very sharp pair of scissors,it makes the brush even on the glass and also most of the brushes that vikan are churning out these days are all very soft.

I would check with your supplier dude regarding the vikans as vikan supply their brushes in different grades. I got one from cleantech & one from gardiners both medium (normal) but the one i got from wintecs (soft) is like a completely different brush in use but looks identical to the others! ;)

tony

NWH

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 09:25:44 pm »
I mean in general Tony,i tried the swivel brush and a couple of mates have tried other types of vikans from different suppliers and they all seem to be soft grade at the moment.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 10:56:21 pm »
Mac you seem to have had a wintecs,gardiner and cleantec, all different, how come and could you grade them ?

macmac

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 02:14:07 pm »
Mac you seem to have had a wintecs,gardiner and cleantec, all different, how come and could you grade them ?

It was when i got one from wintecs & it had mega soft bristles, completely different in use to the one i had just got from gardiners. so i asked Alex why this could be & it was him that told me that vikan make the flocked rectangular brushes with different bristle grades.
Gardiners = medium
Cleantech = medium
Wintecs = soft
This is what i got when i bought 3 brushes from 3 different suppliers.

tony