Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Its Time Suppliers Gave a Guarantee on Parts
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 05:42:42 pm »
I must admit all of the suppliers you have mentioned have excellent service but I have had that from Solootions also although I don't think JB likes me for rocking the boat.

Shaun

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 05:48:50 pm »
I thought that it's who you bought stuff off you have to go to and with most products you have 6 months under the sale of goods act.

A fob off to the manufacturers guarantee is a bit naughty.

John Kelly

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 08:46:51 pm »
This can cut both ways as well. Just recently we were supplying machines to a customer who was selling them on to his clients. He rang to say that one of them had broken down after 2 months. We immediately sent out a replacement with no quibble and asked him to send the faulty one back. However when we recieved it it was obvious that it was getting on for around 2 years old. On checking the serial number we found out it was not one we had supplied anyway. Pending.
As regards Steve Gunn working for us, your bloody joking ;D only kidding Steve. If you look at Steves posts it is obvious that he champions various products and service from a number of suppliers. He is the first one to post on here if he see's a bargain anywhere.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2007, 09:03:51 pm »
I am independant, I go where there are good products and good service and good people, I DO buy from John because Restormate tick all of these boxes (well I order from him when I can understand what he is saying)

If that means I get a discount?

Thought not!

Shaun

PS Nozzles came before your order, thanks.

garyj

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2007, 09:30:50 pm »
Yes, you are right John, he does champion what he is using at the time. I am not doubting you offer good service or good products, just knew it was coming.

Doesn't seem long ago that another company was championed in this way, it started like this and look where that ended up.

Just my observation, and it actually has the reverse effect on me. Maybe it's just me, but I knew it was going to happen.

John Kelly

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2007, 10:22:20 pm »
Gary, I understand totally. First of all I am very conscious of the fact that this board is run by another supplier and I think he needs to be congratulated for allowing a very free speaking forum to exist.
Only recently we asked the moderators to delete any threads directly hyping our business as we were finding it slightly embarrasing and did not want to be in the postition of the company you mentioned. I am sure they would confirm that.
We never deliberately tout for anyone to shout our corner and believe we can do that ourselves by offering our customers the service we do.
As regards products we sell we have little control if people want to discuss them and usually only intervene to answer specific questions.

Len Gribble

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2007, 02:45:25 am »
Ian

If was me I would dig a bit deeper into your rights! Any credit card payments you may be covered? A lot of companies make there own rules, which appear out side of the law (a lot of section and addendums) worth checking! Me I’m lucky most if not all know my wife connections.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2007, 05:33:39 am »
I must Clarify

As Ian Puckett    said  Nick said Solutions would honour the part for a Year.

Regarding Parts

The Power Brush  motor was the  suppliers replacement part so was the one designed for the machine.

The pump was a shufflo one so again the genuine replacement part ie like for like.

The anoying thing about pump was when I purchased first one i was told they were good pumps and could be repaired.

When it broke down weeks later I was told i needed new pump and not covered.

as I said once I could live with but three in row I think we need to ask questions of suppliers on what they will and will not do.

I hate slagging off companies but it makes me laugh when you read that one of the companies is giving marketing tips in NCCA Magizine

Runs training courses on looking after customers etc.

Ian Gourlay

Re: Its Time Suppliers Gave a Guarantee on Parts New
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2007, 05:41:52 am »
Regarding Restormate  Yes Steve does put in occasional plug and as John says If they are an obvious plug  or are to regular they get deleted  But More often than not they are left.

However we like to know if there is a good product on the market.

Regarding Chear leaders for companies I think they can be a dangerous policy.

I have had the hounour of moderating this board for a number of Years  and have seen posts praising companies but  I have also seen what happens when a Groupof Chear leaders fall out with a company.

The question is what company shallI carry out a Consumer test on Next.

Will anyboddy ever supply me again ??? ???

Some good has come out of this we have had two suppliers confirming that they will Guarantee parts for a Year.

Perhaps we should write a Fair Trade Charter and see how many suppliers will sign up.

stevegunn

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2007, 08:25:55 am »
Well maybe next time I find a good buy or someone offering good service I should just keep it to myself.I don't suppose any of you contacted a&M when I posted their offers on here or contacted furniture clinic about their products ::)

PaulKing

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 06:35:06 pm »
Stuff them! keep it up Steve and very generous of you as well, if anyone wants proof of this.  Steve recommended they Chris Boswell for the web-site optimisation to me even thought we are in the same area, you really can't get more benevolent than that.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 08:44:23 pm »
Here, here!

How many offers would we have missed out on if it wasn't for Tommy Gunn?
Keep it up Steve! Sunderland AFC might need you next!!

Shaun