Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave_Lee

Re: Does anyone clean like this ?
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 10:51:08 pm »
Mark,
If youve done the neccesary training, and by that I mean independant training like IICRC courses or NCCA,  as oposed to manufacturer/supplier influenced training who tell you which of THEIR  products to use in different situations, then why bother about how others do the job. Stick with what you know. Some even use commercial washing powders and conditioners, then Protect the carpet by spraying defoamer (silicone) onto it, then tell you their method is the best!
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

M.Acorn

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 10:55:58 pm »
Exactly what my wife said ! i think part of the reason is i know what my machine and myself are capable of so i tell the customer before i start ! especially when i do a clean that has been cleaned before and the stain is set  ::)
What goes around comes around

AJB

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 06:17:07 pm »
If your customers are happy with the job you do, and you are not getting recalls.
You are happy with what you do, and the Chemicals you use. Then sod anyone elses
method, you have found the method to suit YOU!
 We all do different things in different ways, as long as the end result is the same,
IE a happy customer and money in the bank, then nothing else matters.
Along the way i've done things that should never be done, but using common sense
and care can be done.
12 Months from a Diaphragm pump is about the norm, unless you don't do much work that is.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

M.Acorn

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 08:02:01 am »
Yes seems like the norm on the pump ! i have been pretty busy and getting busier all the time .Going to have a go at rebuilding the head on the flotec i took out so at least i have a spare for when the current one pops.Been an expensive week for me as 2 days after fitting the pump one of the vac motors burnt out nasty smell lot`s of smoke and sparks ! why does it always wait till just before yule to pop though ! law of the sod .

AJB

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2007, 09:36:30 am »
Not really worth rebuilding pump heads, i used to but
it's better to just buy a new head.

www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

M.Acorn

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2007, 10:46:04 am »
Ok cheers thanks for the advice ! won`t bother with trying that then  :D

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2007, 12:05:26 pm »
Never had a call back because i qualify before starting  ;D

If a mark/stain will not safely remove in one hit, then tell customer first ....................... i charge for return visit as it states in my T&C  ;)

A painter would not apply two coats of paint to a graffiti'd wall when he only charged for one and advised it would not cover it  :o