Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*paul_moss

Spick and span directory
« on: October 11, 2007, 06:10:40 pm »
Has any body got any work off this yet.
I havent and I have noticed a few of my competitors have signed up to it that dont even post on the forum  :D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

lands

Re: Spick and span directory
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 06:14:40 pm »
Nowt either nor have I seen any sign of any marketing.

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 06:28:28 pm »
I did a google search .... carpet cleaning **** (town/city) for the likes of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Carlisle, Newcastle, Preston and so on.

Was seeing on the right hand side which is the sponsered links (I think) that Spick and Span directory was listed in most but not all (not Warrington but LPool and Manchester).

I would love to give it a go but not sure......

stevegunn

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 08:27:31 pm »
Not even amongst sponsored links for carpet cleaning newcastle :( No work either :'(

Graeme@Access

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 09:33:44 am »
Hi,

If you havent allready.. you can add a link in my directory for free  ;)

It will probably also get you no work, but at least it has spiderable links.

Graeme
Access Cleaning Solutions

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 11:27:08 am »
Steve G
Hi Steve
Ive just done a googe searchh for Carept Cleanig Newcastle and the Spick & Span directory is 5th down on the sponsored links.

stevegunn

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 06:23:39 pm »
I've just done a search on google carpet cleaning newcastle no spick & span but express and cleanitup are sponsored links

lands

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 06:26:42 pm »
Thats a bit worrying Steve (better start hiding all our profiles)

Mitch Evans

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 09:58:46 am »
Hi,

We're doing several amounts of marketing. As i'm sure you know these things can take time.

Google

Already searches for David Morris are giving good results, try:

david morris window cleaning
window cleaning cornwall
window cleaning hayle

Also on a general search try:

find and compare cleaners
compare cleaners
spick and span directory
and many more......

Also try:

aquatay ltd
1st Call Betterclean in London
Cliniclean in Glasgow
Excel Oven cleaning in crewe
and many more........

Yahoo

Goodyer Ltd in Hertfordshire
Carpet Medic Norfolk in Kings Lynn
Roy Harding Window Cleaning
Leeksons Exterior Cleaning
and many more.....

These kind of adverts have given us many unique visitors.

In October alone so far there have been nearly 3000 searches carried out on the site.
Featured listings have a unique "contact them" page allowing customers to contact them as well as an advert that stands out from the rest of the free listings due to its unique image, colour and vast amount of information available to the customer promoting professionalism.

I'll keep you informed!

Visit us here: http://www.spickandspan-directory.co.uk
Cleanitup.co.uk
Administrator

*Chris Browne

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 12:20:21 pm »
Hi Mitch.

The thing is that the above phrases are mostly names of the said companies which will in fact (if they have a website of there own)show up anyway,  but thats not the way people search, if i want a cleaner in Newcastle, i will put in Google "cleaner in Newcastle"etc

Chris

p.s. to be fair though it does take a while to propagate in google...

stevegunn

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 03:41:38 pm »
Mitch as Chris says they are specific companies you have given someone looking for a carpet cleaner or oven cleaner who do not know any company name are going to enter a generic term for a specific location thats where your directory lets you down.

Search for oven cleaner using my postcode comes up with one 125.53 miles away now I'm sure they would travel up to here to do a job,I know of plenty oven cleaners up here not listed.The same happens searching for carpet cleaning ne1, I paid for an enhanced listing and would expect to appear on that search but it does not happen I appear on pg2 but the free listing

http://www.spickandspan-directory.co.uk/search/  oven search
  http://www.spickandspan-directory.co.uk/search/  carpet search

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 06:25:10 pm »
Hi Steve

It's interesting what you say about the carpet cleaning search in NE1 and I am surprised that we have 32 companies already listed within 10 miles of that postcode. We have changed the system so that Featured Listings appear at the top of the page they're on and that has made a big difference to the proportion of times they're viewed in relation to the free listings. It may be that the next modification is that these Featured listings should also appear on the front page if they're within, say, 10 miles of the search query regardless of what page they would have normally appeared.

I'm not surprised about the oven cleaning results. The category is not as well populated but should return adequate results for most areas.

With regard to the Google Adwords campaign, you need to bear in mind that we don't appear for all ads on all searches but ,as Joe has seen, we are listed regularly for most of them. We'll be starting the leaflet drops shortly but these will be prioritised depending on the number of advertisers in a given geographical area.

It is difficult to measure results in such a short space of time but, as Mitch has said, we are getting a significant number of searches on the site and the number of advertisers is growing significantly each day.

Regards

Mike

Doug Holloway

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 02:12:32 pm »
Doug when I goggled uk apart from directories you were the highest carpet cleaner