Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr T

Re: Window cleaning Pole
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2007, 09:18:50 pm »
i had a polish lad working for me in the summer, he was the best worker ive ever had.  Havnt and probably wont get a worker like him again.  Unfortunatly he had to go back to poland.

steve m

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2007, 09:03:51 pm »
course he had to go back, didnt want to pay tax. Ask a dry liner on a building sit what he earns- and when you get a puzzled look in response go find the supervisor( you'l know him cos he speaks english as well as polish) to translate for you. Then when you find out ask an english dry liner what he used to earn three years ago and you,ll find thaht the englishman was earning more. All trades are the same, go work on a site for a week, and all its doing is pushing the whole wage structure back but cos they dont pay tax they dont notice, and anyone employing a pole out there got a tax reference for them?????

stevekennedy

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2007, 11:06:08 pm »
I got a P45 from my employee when he joined the company. I take the tax off his wages PAYE. Don't see how he avoids tax by going back to Poland  ???

matt

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2007, 11:13:56 pm »

In the mean time they are driving down wages like mad. All driving jobs in London now are advertised at "Polish Wages" no local man could live on them. Labourer on the buildings £50 a day OR LESS cash in hand. Bricklayer, carpenter, plasterer paintere etc are all well down in the wages stakes.

The garage trade is going the same way I am told.

indeed, ive been saying it for 18 months now, the building trade is shot to bits, my brother runs various building contracts in london worth millions of pounds, he is laughing, he can find carpenters for 90 quid a day, less than 3 years ago and labourer was earning 120 for just speaking english

matt

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2007, 11:15:40 pm »
course he had to go back, didnt want to pay tax. Ask a dry liner on a building sit what he earns- and when you get a puzzled look in response go find the supervisor( you'l know him cos he speaks english as well as polish) to translate for you. Then when you find out ask an english dry liner what he used to earn three years ago and you,ll find thaht the englishman was earning more. All trades are the same, go work on a site for a week, and all its doing is pushing the whole wage structure back but cos they dont pay tax they dont notice, and anyone employing a pole out there got a tax reference for them?????

bingo, spot on

Londoner

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 04:12:04 pm »
Provided that they leave the country for two weeks every six months and they can prove it they can claim back the tax. A Lithuanian calle Lem who works at my mate's garage told me that.

stevekennedy

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 05:06:40 pm »
I Leave the country for two weeks every six months when I go on holiday. Does this mean I can claim back all my tax. NOT A CHANCE!

Londoner

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 07:12:30 am »
Its European law not British law. If you are an EU citizen you only have to pay tax in one EU country even though you may live/work in more than one.
What they tell their tax people when they get home is anyones guess. If they tell them anything at all.

Old_Master

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 11:37:16 am »
We had three Bulgarians working for us over about a five year period.
A qualified Vet, an Engineer and a Farmer. They were  never late, never took a day off sick and never missed a window.
Every day one of them (the farmer) thanked me for employing him even after three and a half years!
They actually enjoyed being at work, and would often stay after their working day to help with little jobs around our workshops, not for any extra pay but because they wanted too!

Their whole work ethic is different, they didnt consider being at work just somthing to get money.

It can only be cultural, it would bring shame on them not to work, the same as it was here up to the early 70s