Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mitch2810

solution not feeding through
« on: December 07, 2007, 08:10:50 pm »
I have a Hydramaster Boxxer and the solution is not coming through. when I turn the chemical selector valve to the prime position nothing happens. I have tried to remove  the prime line from the solution an re-insert, still nothing. I have tried inserting it into the vacuum, still nothing. Any of you guys got any ideas ?
Thanks
Phil

*paul_moss

Re: solution not feeding through
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 08:13:40 pm »
Phil try logging onto Truckmounters forum
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

mitch2810

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 08:22:24 pm »
Ive tried Paul,but cant seem to be able to register

*paul_moss

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 08:36:44 pm »
Glynn ???
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

richie

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 08:43:51 pm »
prime your chem feed using the vac port.  this should sort it out

Richie.

john rees

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 08:53:05 pm »
Hi Phil,                                                                                                                                                                                  sounds like it could be either the diaphragm has gone in the chemical pump or it could be a blocked intake filter I don't know the boxer but if it has a filter on the intake to the header tank it could be that.

hope this helps
                                             John
john

liahona

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 09:00:09 pm »
Mitch, I dont know about your machine but on mine there is an in line filter between the water block and the solution pump.  If this blocks up you will have no or very little pressure.

Also somewhere you may have a hole in the line.  But this wouldnt stop the flow entirely, just weaken it so to speak.

On mine I have a 3 way valve but on yours I think it is a two way valve.  Anyway, if this valve has decided to become a one way valve then of course only one side of it will work.  They are not worth messing with, thats if you can, so I would just replace it.  Doesnt hurt even if thats not the issue.

Depending on which or what chemicals you are using one of the internal solution hoses might just be blocked.  It is more likely for it to be the male end fitting that is blocked and not the actual hose.

What you can do as well is to just keep taking a hose off untill you find the culprit.  Then of course just replace it.  Mine all have q/d's on so it is easy for me to do as I have suggested.  Having said that the high pressure hoses arent q/d they are male/male for female to female adapter making it simple to work on the machine.  If ths is the first tme you are working on the machine you might want to change to what I have done as it makes on site getting out of trouble only 5 mins work instead of a couple of hours or worse having to go home to sort it out.

Other than that give me a bell and maybe there is something else I can think of.

Best, Dave.

P.S.  There are many other places that could have filters  so check them too.

brian willis

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 05:35:49 pm »
Hi Mate
I have the HM MAX D, on mine you have to block both vac ports.to operate the prime ,
if this does not work will more than likely be the diafram,could do with changing the chem seals can buy a kit .or even the one way valve,as i have had the same prob.
I had to change all of the above.
 phone martin at hydramaster,just to make sure.

Cheers   Bri