Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Lost one today - Squeaky will be pleased! New
« on: December 03, 2007, 08:58:42 pm »
Went to one of my long standing underpriced customers today.

(last month he had been listening to Jezzer Vine and thought he'd moan about my wfp that would "get all the leaves wet before he could sweep them away").

Anyhooo - he's painting one of his old wooden windows and he apologetically says he doesn't want wfp anymore because it makes the lower frames rot.  ::)

Because there are parking issues and I only charge £11 for 15 windows and two glazed doors I'm glad to be shot so I cheerily say "That's fine! See you around!"

He says "It's a shame really, because you get the glass looking spotless - is there any chance you'd do them off a ladder?"

"Absolutely not, 1) because I believe I would be breaking health and safety guidelines and 2) because then you'd have soapy water squeegeed into the frames - see ya!"

"I'm really sorry" he says

"I'm not - honestly! Bye " says I!

For your info I've now lost six customers in three years of wfp - two I dropped due to minging frames, two dropped me due to minging frames, two dropped me due to not liking dripping water.

It's a win-win situation.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Re: Lost one today - Squeaky will be pleased!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 09:32:58 pm »
I've not been going that long so I have tended to pick up a lot of problem customers.
My stats are current customers 210,round value(george 3k) lost 25.
Of these about three said I did a rubbish job (spots and streaks) and this was after one clean. Most of them didn't want a cleaner anyway.

I find Squeaky very honest on this topic and have tried to learn from what he has said.

Sir Squeaky

Re: Lost one today - Squeaky will be pleased!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 09:48:59 pm »
Funnily enough I picked up two new ones today (not big though).

I'm sure I'll lose two tomorrow to balance it out... ;D