Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

Price Shopping Muppet's
« on: December 10, 2007, 05:37:31 pm »
Any one getting a lot of people calling to see if you are cheaper than the last guy they called, to clean one room????
Im finding in the last week I have had nothing but people call up wanting a dirt cheep price ie about £20-30  and the job done that day...
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

John Gregory

Re: Price Shopping Muppet's
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 05:47:11 pm »
Aidan thats all I have had today , people going thou yell asking for the cheapest price , plus several cancellation's for next week I'm losing the will to live

John

John Gregory

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 05:52:26 pm »
oh, and a lot of long lost relatives who want there carpets cleaned for jack sh-t

john

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 06:17:00 pm »
I have never had so few priceshoppers ............. the ones who want it cheap are not going to look for 'green' cleaning so they dont bother ringing me. Likewise, the ones looking for the eco angle are not looking for it to be done cheaply  ;)

stevegunn

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 06:29:52 pm »
And they want it done straight away >:(

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 06:44:38 pm »
I find price shoppers never want an inhouse quote so when they insist on a phone quote I just quote double my price and say "I'll put you down for Thursday mid afternoon, what address is it? then listen to them backpeddle.

or if you got bottle tell them it's £12 for their living-room, then when they try and make an appointment tell them you next available space is the 15th of March :D :D but if they want it before xmas you can let them have one of your preferential customers spaces........................ but its an extra £100 :D

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Doug Holloway

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 07:03:26 pm »
Hi Guys

One of the beauties of the internet is that a classier breed of customer searches on there , so there are far less price shoppers.

If you have lots of cancellation go back and work out where each one came from, you will probably see a pattern.

Cheers

Doug

Phillip Mold

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 07:14:50 pm »
I never do quotes over the phone, but for price shoppers I have the number of my local splash and dash merchant which I helpfully give out.

His name is Abdul, no surname, address, landline or professional body are shown on his leaflets but he will do a room for £15.00 today.
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

brian willis

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 07:20:33 pm »
Hi Guys
Had one the otherday asking which product to buy from town so she could give her carpets a cheap clean for xmas. My reply was no idea.but wanted to say fxxxxxx
Cheeky person

Bri

Joe H

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 07:51:41 pm »
Brian - could have said  Fairy Liquid and lots of it! ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 07:55:27 pm »
All I get from the internet is cheap customers, 1 even wrote that he would rather get the machinery and do himself so I posted him links to hss for extraction machine with chemical a scrubber and a turbo drier, worked out cheaper to have me albeit 1 carpet.

When you have a advertising medium where there is lots of the same profession then people will price shop same with YP that's why leaflets can be better but time consuming and more expensive.

Shaun

Dennis

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 10:26:13 pm »
Snow is falling (ching ching ching)
All around
Carpets minging (ching ching ching)
Ring around

It's the season
Love and understanding
Merry Christmas everyone

Families coming (ching ching ching)
They think we“re dirty
Clean it cheapest (ching ching ching)
We“re embarrassed

It's the season, love and understanding
Merry Christmas everyone

Sorry Shakin“  ;D

mark_roberts

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 11:13:36 pm »
Had one today who had rang the last guy who did it for £40 but his number was dead.  N0 wonder i said he was too cheap to stay in business.  But he did an excellant job she said.

I too have had more cancellations than normal even from previous customers. 

Did notice today the phone was ringing more today than the last few weeks.  Coincidence the interest rate came down on Friday.  Of course the economy dosent effect carpet cleaning so you tell me.

Mark

carpet guy

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 12:18:59 am »
Wonder what the suppliers of solution hose , etc, call people who phone  them for prices and when told a price. say they can get it cheaper elsewhere .

But, I don't think it will happen, as carpet cleaners are all too well paid to get involved in such pettyness, as PRICE SHOPPING, unlike the fools , the muppets, who give them such a hard time.

When I want a spare part, or a chemical, I go to the nearest supplier.

If you earn twice, or three times as much, why do you feel the need to save  pennies when YOU buy something ?

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 01:18:14 am »

They truely are Muppets because it's not the fact they are ringing round for a price, it's the fact they are uninterested in what they get for the price.

It's easier to sell tangibles, sure a service comes along with it and any decent retailer knows that and canny people will pay a little more for that.

If you buy your same Prochem product for an extra £1 a ltr though, I don't care how good the service you are a Muppet to buy from that source, especially if you are a business.

carpet guy

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 08:41:46 am »
The suggestion was, that the price shoppers are the "muppets"or worse, but as I 've said often, we are in a "mainly" price driven society, as has been proven, time and again on here and it "amuses" me, that so many, who are supposedly doing fantastically well at running their businesses, are alays looking to save pennies, but condemn and criticise the public for doing the same.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 09:06:22 am »
I find price shoppers never want an inhouse quote so when they insist on a phone quote I just quote double my price and say "I'll put you down for Thursday mid afternoon, what address is it? then listen to them backpeddle.

or if you got bottle tell them it's £12 for their living-room, then when they try and make an appointment tell them you next available space is the 15th of March :D :D but if they want it before xmas you can let them have one of your preferential customers spaces........................ but its an extra £100 :D

Mike
Mike I have always said you are aMarketing genius time you made a CD and apodcast.

But that is how you can advertise rooms from £12 thats  how  Travelodge and Easy Jet do it.

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 09:00:07 pm »
Mike

Classic post ;D Should go into the library of all timers ;)