Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

COMPLAINING OLD WOMAN - FUNNY!!
« on: November 30, 2007, 06:30:15 pm »
Well ever since we started this job there has been nothing but trouble, not with the customer but with her older mother next door. Evertime we come to clean shes straight out telling us to go away and that her daughter doesnt want window cleaners. She tells us we are too expensive and that her daughter cant afford us and that we come too often. Anyway her daughter has warned us about her nagging mother so we just ignore her and carry on.

So today we go to clean the house and I go round the back and shes straight out and tells me their is no one home and I shouldnt clean it, I explained that her granchildren were in and her daughter has already paid us for the clean. So next she points to an open window and says "what you going to do about that" I told her I would close it with my pole. So i close the window with my pole and begin cleaning making sure I dont get water in the house. She burst open the window claiming I am soaking the bed and getting water everywhere!!!

Anyway I am cleaning a lower window when she comes out and starts shouting at me telling me I'm soaking some old carboard under the window ( IT WAS POURING DOWN ALREADY and the cardboard was drenched before I arrived! ) So she moved it out of my way and I asked if she needed help moving it but that wasnt good enough, she now is shouting at me telling me I'm getting water in some bins nowhere near the window!!!!

Before I left she came out calmly and told me all about her can crusher at the bottom of the garden!! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Re: COMPLAINING OLD WOMAN - FUNNY!!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 06:34:42 pm »
I would love a customer like that, bet that makes your day lol

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 06:37:02 pm »
i just find it funny, because I never react badly to it, she doesnt know what to do, I'm just really polite to her!!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 06:42:42 pm »
I shouldnt really laugh it, as maybe she is ill and thats not nice.  ::)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 06:44:56 pm »
She isnt ill!! you can laugh!!

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 06:45:34 pm »
looooooooooooooool. woooop woooooop  ::)  ::)  :o :o  ;D

Elginn

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 06:52:46 pm »
You should have asked to see the can crusher and pushed her in it. ::)

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 06:53:22 pm »
awesome

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 11:54:48 pm »
Just walk up to her, smile and rinse her aswell.  ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 12:22:36 am »
Well ever since we started this job there has been nothing but trouble, not with the customer but with her older mother next door. Evertime we come to clean shes straight out telling us to go away and that her daughter doesnt want window cleaners. She tells us we are too expensive and that her daughter cant afford us and that we come too often. Anyway her daughter has warned us about her nagging mother so we just ignore her and carry on.

So today we go to clean the house and I go round the back and shes straight out and tells me their is no one home and I shouldnt clean it, I explained that her granchildren were in and her daughter has already paid us for the clean. So next she points to an open window and says "what you going to do about that" I told her I would close it with my pole. So i close the window with my pole and begin cleaning making sure I dont get water in the house. She burst open the window claiming I am soaking the bed and getting water everywhere!!!

Anyway I am cleaning a lower window when she comes out and starts shouting at me telling me I'm soaking some old carboard under the window ( IT WAS POURING DOWN ALREADY and the cardboard was drenched before I arrived! ) So she moved it out of my way and I asked if she needed help moving it but that wasnt good enough, she now is shouting at me telling me I'm getting water in some bins nowhere near the window!!!!

Before I left she came out calmly and told me all about her can crusher at the bottom of the garden!! Luke

I don't know about needing help moving the cardboard but it sounds like she certainly needs help of some kind !!
Know any good psychiatrists?   :)

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 12:27:45 am »
Shiner can you call me in the morning after 10am please if not email me a landline number and I will call you, just give a best time  ;)

Ian

websites for window cleaners
www.windowwashers.co.uk

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 08:43:10 am »
Shiner can you call me in the morning after 10am please if not email me a landline number and I will call you, just give a best time  ;)

Ian

websites for window cleaners
www.windowwashers.co.uk

I will be out working soon.
Will phone you after I've finished for the day.

mark dew

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 09:10:10 am »
paul, you work saturdays?
I thought you would avoid weekend work now you do a 6 week cycle and dropped the dross?
Are you playing catch up or do you have another line of business in your spare time?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 05:24:44 pm »
paul, you work saturdays?
I thought you would avoid weekend work now you do a 6 week cycle and dropped the dross?
Are you playing catch up or do you have another line of business in your spare time?

I often work at the weekend and have time off in the week instead.  I've no family life as such and so I don't need to work around other people's schedules.  Also, I've take on a largish chunk of W/C work recently.