Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SherwoodCleaningSe

Re: BACKPACK WITH DI ATTACHED , WILL IT WORK?
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 10:41:23 pm »
They are about 12 inches high in total and about 4 inches across.  It should be enough to purify 450 litres if using your water at 34 ppm.

Here's another thought Luke - why not try filling the backpack with a couple of litres of resin and then pouring the water on top.  If you could find a way of straining the water before it went to the pump, you'd effectively have a very large resin canister.

Put some resin in a mesh bag and put it in the back pack.  You could place it in the   sieve at the top when filling and then put it in the bottom by the pump when using.  Save carrying the extra canister around.

Simon.

jouk45

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 11:26:48 pm »
luke it does work, use a small inline vesell from ro man, you can refill it,

Pittmonkey

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2007, 03:45:21 pm »
Luke I know the way you're thinking but a simple and quick solution is to have 1 or 2, 25ltr drums already filled with pure water filled from the di/tank tank in the van.

In the evening when filling the van i'm also filling 2 x 25 ltr tubs and backpack through the van DI system. Then if i need to fill the backpack on the following day i have 50 ltrs already and just quickly fill the backpack. I also have a freedom trolly so i'm prepared for anything a custy throws at me.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

matt

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2007, 03:49:18 pm »
how about a sub pump from van tank to a DI cylinder and then to the backpack ?? ? ?

must be easier to do

Captain Scarlet

Re: BACKPACK WITH DI ATTACHED , WILL IT WORK? New
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 05:14:10 pm »
how about a sub pump from van tank to a DI cylinder and then to the backpack ?? ? ?

must be easier to do

Space is a in issue in my van now, I already have a 500ltr tank, 4 poles, 2 di tanks, 2 hosreels, 9 cones, trad gear, a frame, step ladder etc etc in my Expert!!!! So I need something that is cheap and small to supliment my vanmount! Luke

ps. I know I could use a little di vessel instead of a larger one but that would look messy because there would be nowhere to put it properly so I would like it all in one unit
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.