Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

iain2342

rain rain and more rain
« on: November 30, 2007, 10:21:56 am »
rain on the south coast today

would be good if i had a collection system for my WFP
system

free water

Ian Lancaster

Re: rain rain and more rain
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 11:33:47 am »
What rain?  This is on track to be in the top 5 for the dryest autumn since 1775 (or thereabouts) - I heard it in the weather forecast on the telly, so it must be true ::)

Helen

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 11:36:55 am »
What rain?  This is on track to be in the top 5 for the dryest autumn since 1775 (or thereabouts) - I heard it in the weather forecast on the telly, so it must be true ::)
;D ;D. the forecast for December is loads of the stuff, but i suppose December will be classed as winter ;D     

xxmattyxx

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 02:56:40 pm »
It seems to me that we might be in for the start of those infamous (well, they are to me) low pressure systems that come in off the Atlantic, relentless they are. Usually they come in one after the other, never-ending, bringing continual wet spells of rain.

Demoralising to say the least.

Usually they start lining themselves up around mid-January to pay us a visit, which seems to last for about 6 weeks; depends where the Jet Stream is located, this helps to direct them, and it usually sits somewhere over Grenland, pushing them across Northern Europe.

Seems the way some bands of rain have been coming in recently off the Atlantic this week we may already be there.

Matt

xxmattyxx

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 02:57:32 pm »
Oh yes lookie, this is for today

The orange band is the Jet-Stream, low pressure in the Atlantic is prevented from moving northwards, so it flows along the southern edge of the Stream, right over us.

matt

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 06:47:59 pm »
Where it should be Matt, this time last year it was a couple 100 miles too high so we had no rain. It gave all them plonkers going on about globle warming loads to go on about but now it's settles down it's only polititions thinking of ways to raise TAXES are going on about it.

Shame it's raining.  ;D